For about 9 months, while this company was undergoing its "upgrade" my cell service would be interrupted because I ran out of minutes. When I would inquire and ask for proof, it was explained to me that they were undergoing a change, and it would be sent to me. However, if I wanted the use of my cell, I would need to purchase additional minutes.
This went on for months and mysteriously, my auto billing began to work again. However, the billing cycles were odd. Finally, having enough with the inconsistent billing and feeling like I had been overcharged, and hugely frustrated with their lack of "customer service". I contacted Liberty on 7/31/08 to cancel my service.
Although I was asked why, it was blatantly obvious that the "customer" service" representative could care less. Once I explained my reasons I was told, "you know once this is deactivated, you won't EVER be able to use this number again". Ok by me, was my reply.
I was then told it had been deactivated. I inquired about my August billing, I was a "pay as you go customer". I was told I would not be billed. Well, my debit card was billed for August. The payment was submitted on 7/31/08.
I contacted "customer service" on 8/4/08 and explained the situation. I was put on hold for 5 minutes. This person, Raji, came back and told me that a refund would be processed. However, he could not or would not tell me when or by whom or what the process was for ensuring that this was done. He offered that it would just take time. He would not provide me with a mailing address so I could follow up in writing and after much insistence, he "forwarded" me to a supervisor. I spent spent 40 minutes on hold before I was disconnected.
I have no faith that I will be issued a refund and will cancel the debit card with my bank to ensure that my card does not continue to be billed.