institution

• Updated: Wed, August 01, 2007

• Reported By:Deerfield Ohio
Liberty Wireless
www.libertywireless.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Liberty Wireless Paid for monthly service plan a week ago, still no service ripoff Nationwide

*Author of original report: Liberty Wireless - finally restored service after I told them I filed a report with the AG in DC

We have had Liberty Wireless as my husband's cell provider for a few years. This is the first time we have ever had such a problem. We paid our monthly bill on 7/24/07 and it is now 7/30 and payment has not been applied to our account! Our service is off and customer service refuses to be of any help.

We have asked for supervisor/manager and are told "none are available" - which is ludicris. Also, their online account manager is and has been offline for over two months now which is the main source for payment! We were given no advance notice of service interuption (which they typically send a text) and there is no way for us to determine how much is owed!

So, I made a payment about $5.00 more than I thought the bill was for (just to cover my rear) and sent it via MoneyGram. Now, I am being told by their CS department, it will be 24 - 48 hours before the phone is activated -- GUESS WHAT?!? We've been told this for almost a week now. I have had Liberty's CS and MoneyGram CS on the phone at the same time, MoneyGram indicated Liberty received the money about 15 minutes after I sent. Liberty is still telling me it will be 24 - 48 hours!

I tried to call Inphonic since they are listed as parent company and was told they are two separate companies and if I have a problem to handle it with Liberty! HMPH - how do you like them apples?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Wendy
Deerfield, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2007 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-Wireless/nationwide/Liberty-Wireless-Paid-for-monthly-service-plan-a-week-ago-still-no-service-ripoff-Nationw-264148. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty Wireless

AUTHOR: Wendy - (U.S.A.)

After a week of arguing with these idiots, finally got the phone restored. However, I had to call to have them do it! We will be looking for a different prepaid cell company.