Complaint Review: Liberty Wirelss / Inphonic.Inc./AOL Wireless

• Submitted: Sat, April 10, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, April 10, 2004

• Reported By:Calumet City Illinois
Liberty Wirelss / Inphonic.Inc./AOL Wireless
9301 Peppercorn Pl Largo, Maryland U.S.A.

Liberty Wirelss Inphonic.Inc. AOL Wireless ripoff, dishonest and fraudulent, these people are complete liars Largo Maryland

On 3/24/04 I order a package deal from Liberty wireless for the service of two cell phones model LG5250. I recieved one email telling me the phones would arrive on 3/30/04. When I recieved the email of the phone area code numbers I emailed the back and told Liberty I didn't what one of the phone with that area code number they issued, I wanted the same area code for both phone.

In the meantime they shipped only one of the phones the one I didn't want. I accepted the phone on 3/30/04 and called them back explaining the problem again they told me they would accomated me and give me the area code number I wanted which they did , but they gave me the same area code I called back on 4/1/04 explaining the same thing then finally I said activated the phone. They guided me through and told me the phone was activated, then when I tryed to use the phone it didn't work. and it never got activated still I have not recieved the second phone but have a phone number for the second phone.

I ask about the second phone and the rep said the phone was out of stock it should come in in a few days . I call back that night after hours of waiting and doing what she said do,( take the battery out of the phone let it set for two hours.) The next morning 4/2/04 I called again and again spoke with a rep she said she didn't understand why the phone had'nt activated but for me to send the phone back to them in the same package it came out of I did as she said got a tracking number paid for the shipping and returned the phone . I called back on 4/4/04 to see what was happening with the second phone I never received the rep said Oh the phones are here in our warehouse but we are waiting on the phone you sent back on 4/2/04 and we will ship both phone to you when the return phone get to us . So I waited then I track the phone to see if they recieved the phone USPS tracker stated they recived the item on 4/8/04 in Upper Marlboro,MD This was not even a address I had but where the shipment was delived.

I called back with the information I had and the rep told me the phone wasn't there then when I gave her the tracking number it was found but she said I have to wait 5 to 7 days before they can ship the other phone out. I agreed and ask about the phone I never recieved and she told me the phones are still on back order . These people have only emailed me once they accept my money overnight I have five telephone numbers for these people I have cancled the order and they don't want ot refund me $185.17. I will call everyday until they give me a refund. Can someone please help me

Barbara
Calumet City, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2004 12:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-Wirelss-InphonicIncAOL-Wireless/Largo-Maryland-20774-5307/Liberty-Wirelss-InphonicInc-AOL-Wireless-ripoff-dishonest-and-fraudulent-these-people-87259. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty Wirelss / Inphonic.Inc./AOL Wireless