Complaint Review: LibertyWireless

• Submitted: Fri, August 27, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, August 27, 2004

• Reported By:10026 New York
LibertyWireless
libertywireless.com Washington, District of Columbia U.S.A.

Liberty Wireless ripoff once they get your money that's it...it's over! Washington District of Columbia

I open an account with liberty wireless on April 29, 2004. After about a month of service, which was around June 4th, the face of my phone as well as the battery went dead. I called liberty wireless and informed their customer service team what happen and they promised to send me a new replacement phone within 5 to 10 business days. While I thought that was a little to long, I agreed and waited patiently for my new replacement phone. After about the 10th day and no phone arrived, I called liberty's customer service team again, and found out they did not have the phone I originally order in stock. After wondering why no one called me to inform me of this, it was decided that I get a different model phone, in which I agreed, and that phone would be delivered to me with in 5 to 7 business days.

Again, I waited more that 7 days and finally got the phone, which was a refurbished phone and not a new one. I still tried to be patient and didn't complain until that phone when dead on me. Once again, I was back on the phone with Liberty's customer service team and they promised to get me another phone within 5 to 7 days and waive the $60.00 replacement fee.

I disagreed and ask to get a refund and they refused because they said I was in the plan for more than 30 days. At this time, I felt that I was be ripoff and didn't know what to do. So rather than lose out on my $117.87 I decided to try and get another phone sent to me.

Unfortunately, between August 4th and August 25th, I spent a lot of time on the phone with Liberty Wireless begging for a partially refund if not a full one, but was told that I could not get a refund.

After receiving 3 phone in which they said I could keep, but have no use for, I cancelled my account and decided to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and any one who can help me.

I had Liberty Wireless Service for a total of 1 1/2 month and the rest of the time was spent returning and receiving phones.

My advice to anyone is not to use this service because once they get your money that's it...it's over!

C
10026, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2004 11:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LibertyWireless/Washington-District-of-Columbia-20007/Liberty-Wireless-ripoff-once-they-get-your-money-thats-itits-over-Washington-Distric-105730. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LibertyWireless