Complaint Review: Licenses.org

• Updated: Wed, April 23, 2014

• Reported By: Joe — White Plains New York
Licenses.org
New York, New York USA

Licenses.org drivers-licenses.org Faking local state DMV site to charge for a DMV assistance manual New York New York

*UPDATE Employee: Please Contact us

*Consumer Comment: Not a scam

I lost my license so I started looking online about how to go about replacing my license.  I clicked on a link and thought I ended up at the DMV although I was actually at this site made to look like the DMV.  I read that it costs about $17 to get a replacement license and filled out all the information I figured the DMV would need, name, phone, SS#, address, birthdate, etc.  After which I get an email with a manual on how to go about getting my replacement license from the DMV.

This is a vulture scam site.  Stay away.  Also they have no record with the BBB so I'm even more concerned.  Still in the process of getting a refund and am now nervous about ID theft.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2013 05:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Licensesorg/New-York-New-York-10603/Licensesorg-drivers-licensesorg-Faking-local-state-DMV-site-to-charge-for-a-DMV-assista-1070635. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Licenses.org

Please Contact us

AUTHOR: Complaint Handler - ()

Our Service.
The product offered through our site is the Drivers License Easy Guide™, a state and service-specific guide designed to save you time by better preparing you for DMV related activities. Our team of experts has spent 1000's of hours researching DMV services in order to provide simple to follow instructions for DMV related services. Where possible we provide and pre-fill your specific DMV forms and offer links and instructions for services that can be performed online or require a visit to the DMV. Also included as part of our service is 30 days of roadside assistance and access to DMV Advisors a service that answers your DMV related questions.
We are not affiliated with the DMV and cannot process changes to your driver license or registration, we provide a service that is designed to save you time by better preparing you for all your DMV activities.

We are committed to customer satisfaction and offer a 100% Money-Back Guarantee.

Sincerely,

Customer Support Team
1-888-242-8785

Not a scam

AUTHOR: coast - ()

"I clicked on a link and thought I ended up at the DMV although I was actually at this site made to look like the DMV."

Clearly posted at the top of the web page you provided:

Drivers-Licenses.org is a privately owned website that is not owned or operated by any government agency.

Clearly stated in a paragraph in the middle of the web page you provided:

Drivers-Licenses.org is privately owned and is neither operated by, nor affiliated with, any government agency.

Clearly stated in a stand-alone paragraph in the middle of the web page you provided:

This site is privately owned and is neither operated by, nor affiliated with, any government agency.

"This is a vulture scam site."

It is not a scam. The site states it's objective but you chose to pay without reading the web page that you supplied at the beginning of your false complaint. They clearly state:

The Driver License Easy Guide™ is an independent value-add to official DMV services, which may be available for free or at an additional charge.

They also provide a link to all of the state DMV sites. Too bad you don't read. No, it's not in the fine print.