Complaint Review: Lids

• Updated: Mon, October 15, 2012

• Reported By: Christopher — New York New York United States of America
Lids

Lids Custom Embroidery SUBPAR QUALITY Internet

Lids.com offers a custom embroidery service online and in their stores. I designed 7 hats on their online web software. I was aware of the disclaimer that reads " hats may not show up exactly as they do on the software image ".

When the hats started arriving every one of them had errors....crooked lettering crooked graphics graphics placed too high etc. etc.

I threw all but one into the garbage because I could not bare to look at the awful mistakes. These were for an important event.

I found a helpful sales manager and telephone customer service operator to help me. They did. They managed to have my remaining hat sent back to be re done.

It arrived today. How does it look ? Still has a crooked flag on it and they added another problem to the front of the hat that wasn't there on the first version.

For all my troubles and over $300 wasted on custom embroidery I received a $10 gift card.

If you can't provide the quality then don't sell it and don't advertise it. Get the kids off the embroidery machines and hire skilled workers or get rid of the service.

I am furious.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2012 09:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lids/internet/Lids-Custom-Embroidery-SUBPAR-QUALITY-Internet-955179. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lids