Complaint Review: Life Alert

• Reported By: CJ — California United States of America
Life Alert
550 N Continental blvd Suite 185 Internet United States of America

Life Alert pushy harassing slippery deceiving El Segundo, Internet

I am very concerned about the many companies out there preying on the elderly and their fears. I felt Life Alert was one such company.
They do not list prices online - so you must call their 800 number.
They are very pushy and try to instill fear by creating frightful scenarios where one might be injured or die. Basically they prey on fears of the elderly; home invasion, falling, etc.
I was told they "monitor vitals" - but when I pushed this with questioning, found that all this meant is that they an call the person back on the phone.
I was asked to provide my address and phone number. I said I did not want to provide my phone number and I did not want to be called. The next day there was a phone message from the sales person on my answering machine (when one calls an 800 number - the caller's number, even if blocked, is often revealed).
Please use caution. I have seen my parents as well as the parent's of friends get scammed by these kind of products. Examples; health care and monitoring, alarm systems, fire alarms, special computers, investing, etc.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2012 04:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Life-Alert/internet/Life-Alert-pushy-harassing-slippery-deceiving-El-Segundo-Internet-985999. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Life Alert