Complaint Review: Life Insurance Company of North America

• Updated: Fri, June 20, 2014

• Reported By: Melba Fletcher — Orlando Florida
Life Insurance Company of North America
1601 Chestnut Street Philadelphis, Pennsylvania USA

Life Insurance Company of North America American Legion After my husband's death from lung cancer, I found a policy. I called and Tiffany verified that there was a cancer policy, and she was sending me claim forms within a business week. After not receiving forms, I called, and was told there wasn't a policy, that Tiffany had given incorrect information. There IS a policy, and it is paid up. Philadelphis Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Contact the insurance commissioner for your state

After the death of my husband from lung cancer in April 2013, I found a policy from Life Insurance Company of North America.  I called to see if it was a valid policy.

I was assured that it was.  I spoke to Tiffany, and she said her phone extension was 3133.  She verified the address, even read it back to me, and we agreed on my husband's date of birth.

After not receiving the claim forms within the time frame she promised, I called back and spoke to Abby or Ashley, and after a lengthy search, she said my husband did not have a policy with Life Insurance of North America.

I told her I had the policy in my hand, and she said that Tiffany had looked up the wrong person, and not my husband.

I know that is not true.  My husband had a policy, and according to Tiffany, it is paid up until June of 2014.

During a time of almost unbearable grief, this company has compounded that grief with incompetent employees, and false promises.  I am sorry for every penny of our money that went into this company.

I intent to pursue this further, and I shall include the American Legion in the loop - because if not for them, we would never have enrolled in this insurance policy.

Beware of this company!  I have been irreparably hurt and misled by them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2013 02:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Life-Insurance-Company-of-North-America/Philadelphis-Pennsylvania-19192/Life-Insurance-Company-of-North-America-American-Legion-After-my-husbands-death-from-lu-1077136. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Life Insurance Company of North America

Contact the insurance commissioner for your state

AUTHOR: FloridaNative - ()

Don't let them get away with denying the policy. Since you have  proof, file a complaint with your insurance commissioner.  Also get an attorney to handle this for you as you may be entitled to damages.