Complaint Review: Life Management Center

• Updated: Tue, May 31, 2011

• Reported By: MikeIsAScam — Charlotte North Carolina United States of America
Life Management Center
3707 Latrobe Drive Charlotte, North Carolina United States of America

Life Management Center Michael Gilchrist, Mike Gilchrist, Observe L 'Essense Tried scamming me into working for nothing! BIG SCAM Charlotte, North Carolina

I responded to an ad on craigslist that said, "FUN OFFICE!" and I was called from Jamie, Lauren, and Alex to come in for an interview as an entry level manager for a fragrance wholesaler distributor. "Michael" aka "Mikey" or "Mike" (last name Gilchrist).

My first interview, I was told that I would be making $500 per week and that I would be training for whatever position that I chose (Sales person, Accountant, Receptionist, or Manager/Owner). Sounded great, right? Wrong.

They consistently were ignoring my questions any time I asked any and Mike, or Eva would automatically change the subject. I never filled out any official new hire paperwork or nothing. Just a questionnaire with my basic information. Anytime anyone had a question they were asked to hold it, until they eventually forgot about it.

My second interview, I sat and listened to Mike Gilchrist, a self-proclaimed millionaire, who told us his whole life story up to that point for 3 hours straight. [continued below]....
..... He was so motivated and positive, it made you have a good attitude. He talked about how his mom was so negative to him and he was not going to live his life around negative people. Sounds good and like a decent person. However, it was all lies.

Yes, I am sure he grew up in a rough area, as he looked pretty rough himself. Every other word out of everyones mouth, Mike, Eva, Jamie, Lauren or Alex, was the F-word. EVERY other word, literally. The entire time rap music is playing as loud as they can possibly get it.

Everyone was told that selling would NOT be any part of their job description as the promised job as a "manager". For whatever reason though on our third day we were forced to go out and SELL cologne/perfume, which it states on the box it is a RENDITION of a famous designers brand name cologne, not any kind of fake or imitation. Again, we were promised that we wouldn't be selling anything. However, that is ALL we were doing.

Some people left, I guess because they were smarter or more informed than I was at the time. I was hired and was excited about the job and working with this guy. He's a real con artist.

My first day I was told to go home and sell these fake purfumes and colognes to my friends/family. We were promised a $1000 bonus to whoever sold the most on the condition that we all sold at least 5. We had no samples, no real paper work, nothing to show anyone except for our word. I ended up selling 5 and was pretty proud of that, thinking that it was difficult enough just getting that many.

My second day I came into work, ready to go. We were given samples and shoved out the door to go sale his purfumes along with a team leader. Again, they told us we wouldn't have to sell anything; yet, that's ALL we were doing. On top of that, we weren't getting paid hourly...we were only paid for commision and not even justifiably paid at that. It was a measly $5-$10 per bottle we sold.

Remember, I was hired as a "manager" for a "management" position. NOT sales. And it was stated VERY clearly over and over and over, we would not be selling. BUT, yet again, thats all we were doing. DO NOT trust anyone affiliated with Life Management Center.

Yes, the very one who CREATED the company might be making money, but everyone else is being used like a dog. Don't fall for Michael AKA Mike, Mikey Gilchrist, Jamie, Lauren, Alex or Eva.  By the way, shes only 21...and shes an entrepreneur making 6-figures and she does not do a thing...

Dont fall for the Life Management Center SCAM....you will get sucked dry, mentally and monetarily.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2011 08:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Life-Management-Center/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28/Life-Management-Center-Michael-Gilchrist-Mike-Gilchrist-Observe-L-Essense-Tried-scammin-735328. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Life Management Center