Complaint Review: LifeLine from Verizon

• Reported By: Brooklyner — Brooklyn New York
LifeLine from Verizon
Nationwide USA

LifeLine from Verizon Seniors Targeted in 'Lifeline' Scam Brooklyn NY

I just had a call, and I saw the number was local on my caller ID, so I picked up the phone.

They said I had a prepaid emergency alert system from Verizon that was going to be delivered to me free of charge.

The recorded call asked me to press a number to talk to someone. Once I got through to a real person, I let that person have it.

I said, If it is delivered to my house, I will refuse and report you to the BBB .

The guy on the other end said, Oh, I guess we will take you off the list.

The company never removed my name from the call list, and I got billed $40.00

I called Verizon and they claimed that I have to pay $40.00 for service and return phone to the address provided in the box.

Why I have to pay?  I never asked for that.

Now I know how this billion dollar scam works. They offer you a free product. If you refuse, they continue to call or send the product anyway, hoping to wear you down.

"They are out there, and they are like sharks, and they are just gathering around the fish so they can attack. Seniors are easy prey.

If you accept, they want your credit card number for monthly operational fees. Some seniors say they've been charged hundreds of dollars.

It is not fair. We have worked hard, and why are they trying to take advantage of seniors who may not be as sharp as they used to be?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2014 06:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LifeLine-from-Verizon/nationwide/LifeLine-from-Verizon-Seniors-Targeted-in-Lifeline-Scam-Brooklyn-NY-1167959. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LifeLine from Verizon