Complaint Review: Lifekind Beds

• Submitted: Wed, February 11, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, June 22, 2009

• Reported By:Riverside Delaware
Lifekind Beds
Green Valley, California U.S.A.

Lifekind Beds Bad Company Politics and Bad Practices Green Valley California

*Consumer Comment: Love my Lifekind bed!

*UPDATE Employee: Lifekind's Response

They were supposed to have credited me for a return on one item that I had returned but never credited it to me. After several months of waiting, I called my credit card company only to find out that Lifekind had lied to my credit card company stating that they "had never gotten any merchandise" returned, and therefore, will not honor the credit.

This company is totally unethical, and their "organic" beds are way too expensive to be so uncomfortable [and then to get bad servicing, to boot.]

They also brag about being the "only" company in America that makes Organic beds in their own factory, and they will use scare tactics to get the unsuspecting customer to think badly of the competition.

I will never buy another bed from this company nor would I ever recommend them due to the disrespect that I experienced along with getting a less than satisfactory product.

Peaceful world
Riverside, Delaware

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2009 11:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lifekind-Beds/Green-Valley-California/Lifekind-Beds-Bad-Company-Politics-and-Bad-Practices-Green-Valley-California-423203. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lifekind Beds

Love my Lifekind bed!

AUTHOR: Deedeelee - (U.S.A.)

We have enjoyed our Lifekind bed for several years now. It is much different from a "conventional" bed because it is firmer. I have grown to LOVE it. I found purchasing it a pleasant experience and the customer service rep extremely good at helping us choose the best bed for us - over the phone! There was a problem in the delivery. The company responded immediately, eased my concern, and extended the warranty in case I have a problem later.

Because of a job relocation, I had to sleep on a "regular" bed for a year. I woke up in the middle of the night most every evening. I am so glad to be back home and sleeping on my Lifekind bed. I sleep through the night and wake up refreshed.

I cannot say enough good things about my experience buying and sleeping on this bed.

Lifekind's Response

AUTHOR: Lifekind - (U.S.A.)

"Lifekind Beds, Green Valley, California"

This information is incorrect. Our name is Lifekind, Inc., and we are located in Grass Valley, California.

"Peaceful world, Riverside, Delaware"

Lifekind has never had a customer located in Riverside, Delaware. We have been unable to locate any customers in the state of Delaware that have had any sort of return or credit issue similar to what this person describes. We also have no unsettled credit issues at this time.

"This company has some of the most dishonest practices that I have ever encountered."

At Lifekind, we hold ourselves to the highest level of honesty and integrity when working with customers. If a customer brings a need to our attention regarding an unsettled issue of any kind, we do everything possible to remedy it immediately.

"They charge a ton of money for badly made beds [and the one ordered, a king size, was the most uncomfortable bed that I have ever had and I finally gave it away.]"

Apparently this person chose not to take advantage of our 90-Day Comfort-Exchange Program, which we extend to every mattress customer. As a company committed to customer satisfaction, we keep this program in place to make sure that the correct mattress is provided for each customer's individual needs. Because we take great care in counseling each customer before a purchase is made, Comfort Exchanges are extremely rare, occurring in about 1.5% of total sales. Over the years, we have made many exceptions for customers who have needed more time to evaluate their mattresses for comfort or who require special consideration in some way.

Lifekind has thousands of satisfied customers who have purchased mattresses from us over the past 10 years, and although we continuously aim to place our customers' needs as our highest priority, there may be those whose needs are unable to be met.

"They do not stand behind their products, and they will resort to all low levels of manipulative tactics to get the consumer to just 'back off' and give up."

Ways in which we stand behind our products include:

* Our 90-Day Comfort-Exchange Program
* Our 20-Year Warranty
* Our Promise of Purity that if you can find a purer mattress, we'll give you ours for free
* Our many third-party certifications, including the organic certification for our factory through Oregon Tilth and GREENGUARD certification for virtually nonexistent chemical offgassing

As for the claim that we resort to "manipulative tactics," words fail. It's not clear from the post exactly what the supposed tactics are, or from what we are trying to get the customer to "back off," but again, nothing could be farther from the truth.

"They are very forceful with selling you something, but when it comes time to service a customer after they have already sold you something, they drop the ball and become abusive, sneaky, and play games."

We pride ourselves on providing an extraordinarily high level of customer service, and this is reflected in the comments of our many satisfied customers. Our employees are trained to go "above and beyond" what would normally be expected in order to exceed customer expectations. The idea that any of our Product Specialists would act in a "forceful" or pushy way when counseling customers or taking an order is patently ludicrous.

"They were supposed to have credited me for a return on one item that I had returned but never credited it to me. After several months of waiting, I called my credit card company only to find out that Lifekind had lied to my credit card company stating that they 'had never gotten any merchandise' returned, and therefore, will not honor the credit. Luckily, I had returned it with a tracking number and had proof that it was returned, and they still were unethical and stalled in giving the refund."

Again, no incidents resembling the above scenario were uncovered in our research. We state up front and in writing that any merchandise must be received back at our warehouse or factory before a credit can be processed. This policy is standard for the industry, and after receiving returned merchandise at our warehouse or factory, a refund is provided within 30 days.

"This company is totally unethical, and their 'organic' beds are way too expensive to be so uncomfortable [and then to get bad servicing, to boot.]"

The pricing of our products is based on the methods and materials we use, which are of the highest quality and uncompromising in their organic purity. We do not artificially inflate our prices, nor do we charge more than we need to to remain in business and healthy as a company. This is an ethical commitment for us.

"The owner was very rude and disrespectful, and his horrible tactics were terrible."

We have no idea what this individual is talking about or exactly what the accusation is supposed to be, but as related above, neither the President of our company or any of our Product Specialists has encountered a situation similar to that described by the individual.

"They also brag about being the 'only' company in America that makes Organic beds in their own factory, and they will use scare tactics to get the unsuspecting customer to think badly of the competition. The fact is that they ARE NOT the only company to have their own facility in N. America, and they are certainly not the best organic bed made."

We have never claimed that we are the only company "to have their own facility in North America." What we do claim -- and what is entirely true -- is that we own and operate the only facility in North America to hold third-party organic certification as a factory. Our facility is GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard)-certified through Oregon Tilth, and if there is another such facility anywhere on the continent, we would like to know about it. Our promise to customers that if they can find a purer organic mattress, we'll give them ours for free is something we stand behind proudly.

In conclusion, this is a maliciously directed and patently untrue statement, full of factual errors, made by an individual or company unwilling to use his or her name and actual location. Its goal is to portray Lifekind in an unflattering light using any means necessary, and we are confident that our many satisfied customers will not be unduly influenced by its dishonesty.