• Report: #1019405

• Updated: Sun, February 24, 2013

• Reported By: DaRealKat — Roxbury Massachusetts United States of America
Lifestyle Deals Now

Lifestyle Deals Now GCPX Support Debit/Credit Card Scam and Grab Internet

I was checking my account balance in order to pay my monthly bills and noticed a debit charge for $39.95 and a notation of GCPX Support and the phone number 800-431-6770.  I hadn't made any online charges (I never do except to companies I've done business with for years).  I called the phone number and was told that I'd made a purchase through Lifestyle Deals Now.  I told the woman (Sally) that I had not.  She insisted that I did and I demanded a refund.  She said she'd process one for me but asked for the last 6 digits of my credit card number (very unusual because typically only your last 4 digits are needed).  I told her that I wasn't comfortable given that information since the charge was suspect to begin with and asked what her company's relationship is with Lifestyle Deals Now.........she refused to answer and told me to contact that company.

Lifestyle Deals Now has no contact phone number for refunds or disputes.  They have a Support number and if you contact anyone at that number, they will not help but will certainly run you around in circles, ultimately pointing you back to GCPX.  The woman at GCPX (whatever that is) said she'd issue a refund and that I would get the charge refunded in 7-10 days and gave me a confirmation number.

I reported all of this to my bank.  My debit card was termed and a new one will be issued in about a week with a provisional credit issued.  I have to file a police report and I have to complete an affidavit for my bank.  In the interim, I will have no money to pay my bills until a new card is issued.

Not surprising, the initial date of the fraudulent transaction was 2/19.  When I looked again two days later, the date had changed to 2/21.  Having my account frozen for a week is extremely inconvenient but I'm happy to go through it because my biggest fear from all of this is that this scam is actually an attempt to make a larger money grab.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2013 07:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lifestyle-Deals-Now/internet/Lifestyle-Deals-Now-GCPX-Support-DebitCredit-Card-Scam-and-Grab-Internet-1019405. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lifestyle Deals Now