Complaint Review: Lifestyle Success Inc

• Reported By: Janet — Brockport New York United States of America
Lifestyle Success Inc
3645 Marketplace Blvd Ste 130-64 East Point, Georgia United States of America

Lifestyle Success Inc Lifestyle Success Inc stole from me East Point, Georgia

*Author of original report: I found someone else to call

Two young men with tattoos knocked on my door one night.  They told me that they were in a public speaking class having a contest, boys against girls, on who could sell the most magazines.  They got points for selling magazines, some worth more points than others, and if they sold to certain types of people they got more points.  Whoever had the most points won a spring break trip to Cancun.  They asked me about what I like and it was determined that People Magazine was the one for me.  So they filled out an order form, getting me 26 issues for $38 plus a $15 handling fee.  When I commented that a $15 handing fee was quite high, they told me to blame it on Obama.  They asked if they could come in my apartment to use my table to write all of then, and had me put in my name and address.  I handed them $53 in cash.  Then they asked if they could borrow my phone to call for their ride because they weren't allowed to have cell phones with them, a rule from their boss. [continued below]....
.....  They left, and I immediately had buyer's remorse because I really didn't want the magazine but couldn't seem to think of a way to get these 2 men to go away so I was intimidated into purchasing.  I read the instructions on the back of the order form, and it said to fill out the back completely and mail it within 3 days to receive a refund within 10 days.  I did exactly that, immediately filling it out and taking it out to the mailbox.  That was 2 months ago.

I read some other reports from other people who never got a refund but did get the magazine by calling the magazine company and searching for their subscription which was usually just paused for an unknown reason, waiting for you to activate it.  I called People and they had no record of my order.  I call and leave a voicemail each week trying to get my refund, but I receive no calls back.  I e-mailed but also received no response.  I am out $53 and these two men are on their way to Cancun.  I'm tempted to have my lawyer help me with this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2012 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lifestyle-Success-Inc/East-Point-Georgia-30344/Lifestyle-Success-Inc-Lifestyle-Success-Inc-stole-from-me-East-Point-Georgia-934266. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lifestyle Success Inc

I found someone else to call

AUTHOR: Janet - (United States of America)

Michelle Colbert 530-321-2288 at least answers the phone 1/3 of the time.  She was of no use, but finally someone who works for the company who will at least pick up the phone to hear that I'm waiting for my refund and it has been 2 months.

tired