Complaint Review: Lifetime Fitness Garland

• Updated: Fri, September 24, 2010

• Reported By: PG — Richardson Texas United States of America
Lifetime Fitness Garland
5602 Naaman Forest Blvd Garland, Texas United States of America

Lifetime Fitness Garland Spiteful employees and broken pool/pool not available during advertised hours make using our membership impossible Garland, Texas

The facility itself is heavenly and I was a member who went 3-4 times a week for more than 3 years. I am leaving due to the staff who are spiteful and vindictive (even to children). This entire week they have 'had to' close the outdoor pool early 'because it is dark' when less than a month ago they had a poolside movie and other activities in the dark!! They have suddenly decided it might be dangerous. The inside pool remains closed because the 'pump is broken' and the lap lanes are unavailble due to master swim!

All the additional programs I have purchased, after they got my money I ceased to exist. Even after they ripped me off for two children's classes I was foolish enough to pay for a 90 day challenge thing because it advertised 2 phone consultations with a nutritionist and other things, none of which I received. I did lose weight on the 90 day challenge but it was because I was motivated! I got no help from them whatsoever!

During the summer they did not supervise the children and I was forced to leave the pool more than once to let crying unattended children in to use the restroom because the door was too heavy for them to open. If a child is unable to open a door I do not think they should be unattended for hours at the pool. I asked the lifeguard and he stated that 'the lifeguards have nothing to do with day-camp." and "Daycamp probably forgot them and left them at the pool."

I threatened to call childrens services which I wish now I had done. After this I was branded a troublemaker and from then on the staff has gone out of their way to harass and punish my children and I. We cannot use any part of the facility without constant intervention of the staff(Mainly Kelly) and new rules that do not apply to any of the other members doing the exact same thing that we are doing without any intervention from the staff.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2010 02:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lifetime-Fitness-Garland/Garland-Texas-75044/Lifetime-Fitness-Garland-Spiteful-employees-and-broken-poolpool-not-available-during-adve-643928. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lifetime Fitness Garland