Complaint Review: Lifetime Fitness

Lifetime Fitness
2901 Corporate Place Chanhassen, Minnesota USA

Life Time Fitness CANCELLATION POLICY RIP OFF Chanhassen Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: No ripoff here

READ before you join.  This is a greedy company that does not allow you to cancel your membership without charging you at least one extra month.  I cancelled in December and they charged me for January.  Anticipating they might try to do this (I had read horror stories online), I had proactively contacted my bank and put a block on the amount they had been charging me for memberships.  I checked my bank account today and they snuck a charge in.  They bi-passed this by simply increasing the amount and sneaking it though.

You may ask why I didn't block them as a vendor from charging me instead of just the amount.  That is only because I have my wife and kid's memberships that are still active and I didn't want to interfere with those memberships.  After I discovered the January charge I spoke to the Tempe AZ gym that I attend and they were no help.  I contacted the corporate office in MN and they told me to pound sand.  Even when I told them that if they do not reverse that charge I would pull the other memberships, they still stood by their "policy".  They tell me with arrogance that I agreed to let them charge me an extra month when I signed the contract.

The guy I spoke with told me that I should have read all of those terms and then ridiculously compared signing up for a gym membership to purchasing a house.  He talked down to me and told me how adults should read things before they sign them.  This coming from some hourly wage worker while I've owned and sold companies.

Read all of the horrible customer service reviews on their corporate website.  Seek another place to work out.  The $55 they just charged me won't impact my life, but on principle I will never do business with companies that put their bottom line above their customers' happiness.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2014 02:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lifetime-Fitness/Chanhassen-Minnesota-55317/Life-Time-Fitness-CANCELLATION-POLICY-RIP-OFF-Chanhassen-Minnesota-1112715. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lifetime Fitness

No ripoff here

AUTHOR: dum8d0g - ()

You signed a contract promising to pay that extra month, then attempted to block the charge when they collected on it.

You are the rip-off artist here, not the gym.