Complaint Review: Lifetime Fitness

• Updated: Fri, January 27, 2012

• Reported By: MJSS — Dublin Ohio United States of America
Lifetime Fitness
3825 Hard Rd Dublin, Ohio United States of America

Lifetime Fitness Deceptive Practices, Expect Consumer to disregard Lifetime representatives over contract Dublin, Ohio

Had a family membership at Lifetime that we hadn't used for well over 3 years.  I called to cancel around the first of the month and pay current month dues (last October) and was informed that I had to come into the club to cancel.  Nice way to get me past their 5th of the month deadline.  I believe I came in on the 7th and was informed that since I was paying after the 5th, it had run into another month and so I'd have to pay 2 months dues instead of one.  Having no choice, I took out my credit card and the representatives (there were 2) suggested that I go for a $10 monthly fee that allowed me to come back at any time at the same rate with no initiation fees.  I agreed, signed the contract and thought I was done.  They never mentioned that the new rate would go into effect after another month or more obligating me for an additional full month fee.  We'll January comes around and I get an email  stating that I'm behind in dues and that I had to pay this additional fee.  A argued that neither of the two representatives said anything about yet a third month and the reply was simply "you need to take responsibility for knowing our contract".  You have got to be kidding.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2012 10:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lifetime-Fitness/Dublin-Ohio-43016/Lifetime-Fitness-Deceptive-Practices-Expect-Consumer-to-disregard-Lifetime-representativ-829633. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lifetime Fitness