Complaint Review: Lifetime Fitness

• Reported By: afahim — Sugar Land Texas United States of America
Lifetime Fitness
1331 Texas 6 Sugar Land 77478 Sugar Land, Texas United States of America

Lifetime Fitness Membership Cancellation Denail Sugar Land, Texas

I asked Lifetime Fitness to cancel my membership and I submitted a written request in person to the membership services desk.  The Membership representative took the request and guaranteed that I fulfilled the requirement, no other actions are required on my end, and the cancellation will be activated in 30 days. When the 30 days period passed, I found out that Lifetime was still charging my credit card for the monthly service. I contacted them to address the issue, but they denied ever receiving my cancellation request. They did not apologize for the confusion nor tried to address the issue.  On the other hand, they are requesting another 30 days from the day they receive the second request and will not refund me the money they charged for canceled membership.

As a customer, I am upset and frustrated because I have to submit a second request that I am not sure it will be effective this time around. I no longer live in the same state. I am paying the price for an inefficient system or a slacking employee. I am still waiting for a response to my second cancellation request.  I think Lifetime is taking advantage of its customers and has inefficient system. When I submitted my initial request, I had no idea Lifetime will take advantage of me, pretend they never receive my request or loose it, and make me pay the price anyway!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2012 11:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lifetime-Fitness/Sugar-Land-Texas-77478/Lifetime-Fitness-Membership-Cancellation-Denail-Sugar-Land-Texas-955014. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lifetime Fitness