Complaint Review: Lifetime Fitness

• Submitted: Thu, August 19, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, August 19, 2010

• Reported By: LKH — Flower Mound Texas United States of America
Lifetime Fitness

Lifetime Fitness They keep charging my credit card months after we cancelled , Internet

I cancelled my membership for end of May. They charged my credit card again in June. I called them and they assured me it was a mistake and they would fix it. I was charged again in July. Again, I called and they apologized and said it was a mistake and they would make sure it was fixed. I called them AGAIN in August when I was still not credited for the overcharges and they said it was processing. Then I called them again when yet another charge happened and they said I had to come in, and again, fill out paperwork. I went in and they told me unless I sign something agreeing to charges in to September, they would refuse to cancel! So they just keep fraudulently charging my credit card!

CHARGES TO YOUR CREDIT CARD If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here. Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action. And good luck Let us know how you do! ED Magedson Founder RipoffReport.com Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com Rip-off Report PO Box 310, Tempe, Arizona 85280

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2010 12:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lifetime-Fitness/internet/Lifetime-Fitness-They-keep-charging-my-credit-card-months-after-we-cancelled-Internet-633266. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lifetime Fitness