Complaint Review: Light in the box

• Submitted: Thu, June 14, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, June 14, 2012

• Reported By: KT — Bear Delaware United States of America
Light in the box

Light in the box DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS CHINA BASED COMPANY Internet, Internet

I purchased a tablet that advertised as having a front and rear camera. When I received merchandise it only took pictures of myself as for FaceTime. I brought precisely for taking pictures trying to save the money of a new IPad. Of which I am going to buy.
When I received information to return merchandise I found it was going to cost me $25 to return and wouldn't get a confirmation of receipt because company was located in China. They also didn't say up front that they keep a $30 restocking fee for returns.
Americans please support our own and stop buying from these foreign companies even though they advertise lower prices.
In the long run its better to pay the extra money have a support system you can communicate with and receive quality merchandise.
I wish I had seen this website before I purchased but I will be sharing this site with everyone I know so that they can avoid these kinds of issues.I could have saved $135 had I only known about this website.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2012 07:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Light-in-the-box/internet/Light-in-the-box-DO-NOT-PURCHASE-FROM-THIS-CHINA-BASED-COMPANY-Internet-Internet-897406. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Light in the box