Complaint Review: Light in the box

• Updated: Thu, March 21, 2013

• Reported By: mrsgossett — Fort Bragg North Carolina
Light in the box

Light in the box LIGHT IN THE BOX ARE FRAUDS!!!!!!! Internet

*Author of original report: Update!

*UPDATE Employee: LightInTheBox

Light in the box is an international website that my teenage daughter found her prom dress on I went on the site and set up her an account under her email address and created her password with the company name since we were just using this account to order her dress and that's all I paid with my debit card and I received an conformation number and an order number I asked her to write it down and she assumed they would send it to her email well ok fine they will.

Four days later nothing no emails nothing verifying that we made a purchase on their site no thank you or anything. The website says it supposed to take 6-8 days for shipping I ordered the dress on the 5th of March on the 4th day after ordering I called my bank and they have gotten their funds.

I am on the 11th business day and still no dress this company do not have an 1800 number any can only check order status through the account you created on the website when we tried to check for her account it no longer exist and creating a new account just to chat or talk to an rep doesn't work. We need this dress by the 28th of March and I do not have anymore money to purchase her another dress for prom. Please do not buy from this company they are a rip off!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2013 06:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Light-in-the-box/internet/Light-in-the-box-LIGHT-IN-THE-BOX-ARE-FRAUDS-Internet-1035973. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Light in the box

Update!

AUTHOR: mrsgossett - ()

Since my report my daughter dress has arrived and for me that was a blessing! I will take my statement back on the fraud issue but I still will not do any more business with the company because you don't have 1800 numbers and I did not have the order number if you would have read my complaint we never received a email on the order and when we set up new accounts to try to find our order that was no help! The dress was nice but the lining was not finished over all it will have to work. Order from this company at your own risk.

LightInTheBox

AUTHOR: LightInTheBox - ()

Dear Cistomer,

Thank you for shopping with us and telling us about your experience. Please send us your order number, so that Customer Service can find you in our system. If you have forgotten the password of your account, please follow the link below to reset it. http://www.lightinthebox.com/index.php?main_page=password_forgotten In the meantime, you can open a Customer Service ticket and you will be able to check the progress of your request by accessing My Tickets on our website. Follow this link to view the ticket center: http://www.lightinthebox.com/index.php?main_page=ticket_center, and our customer service team will help you there.

LightInTheBox