Complaint Review: Light-in-the-box

• Updated: Thu, February 02, 2012

• Reported By: Lenny — Sarasota Florida United States of America
Light-in-the-box
China Internet United States of America

Light-in-the-box They billed my PayPal account an order that I did not authorize. Internet

I went to light in the box and selected a product but I changed my mind about ordering it. I did not authorize the order. A day later they sent me an email asking me to come back and authorize the order I was working on. I paid no attention to this email and did not go to their web site to authorize the payment. I did not want the item. 2 days later they sent me an email saying they shipped the item and I was billed. I did not authorize this. I checked my PayPal account and found that they had fraudulently billed my account for 14.90. Now, I had bought something from them about 10 months previously. I used my PayPal account on this older transaction. So , I guess this is how they were able to bill my PayPal account . I informed Paypal about this activity and they are investigating. Be warned, this lightinthebox operation is based in China , guess China is fairly lawless.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2012 09:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Light-in-the-box/internet/Light-in-the-box-They-billed-my-PayPal-account-an-order-that-I-did-not-authorize-Intern-832758. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Light-in-the-box