Complaint Review: Light in the box

• Updated: Mon, February 25, 2013

• Reported By: An — Lincolnton North Carolina United States of America
Light in the box
7 floor block 2, Jianye 4th St Noglin Road Internet United States of America

Light in the box electronic pool Selling Used, Damaged, Inferior Goods Futian Shenzen, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: LightInTheBox

Light in the Box, L.T.B. or as they are known on Ebay, electronic pool.  When I say they were charging me for 2 stereos instead of the 1 stereo I ordered I contacted them and they said they would cancel the order; but they didn't and pay pal deducted it all from my account.  Stereo was suppose to be $269 plus $25 shipping.  Ad said no other charges, everything is listed; then I was charged $75 for custom import charges.  Then when I got them the units were trash.  Cheap, GPS did not work right; would not keep time; amplifer was broken and back up camera caused the stereo to freeze up. I sent email after email and like everyone else on here, only got standard response (listed below)  Never got anything else and can not get phone number to call them.  From what I read here there is no use to try and send the item back since no one ever gets their refund.  DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!

Dear Customer,

Greetings and thanks for your letter.

This is auto reply mail, please do not reply to this email.

Our customer service team office hour is from 9:00 am to 18:00 pm Hong Kong time. If you have questions regarding order status and other after-sales support, we will try to answer your mail within 24 hours.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Yours Sincerely.

- electronic_pool DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!  I PURCHASED A DVD/STEREO GPS UNIT FOR $325.00, NOTICED THAT THE UNIT LOOKED USED WHEN I GOT IT (I SHOULD HAVE RETURNED IT AT THAT POINT AND GOT MY MONEY BACK),  Internet

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2013 06:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Light-in-the-box/internet/Light-in-the-box-electronic-pool-Selling-Used-Damaged-Inferior-Goods-Futian-Shenzen-I-998104. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Light in the box

LightInTheBox

AUTHOR: LightInTheBox - (China)

Dear Customer,

Thank you sharing your shopping experience with us! We will issue you a full refund via email based on your purchase Please contact us at feedback[at]lightinthebox[dot]com. In the meantime, you can open a Customer Service ticket and be able to check the progress of your request by accessing My Tickets on our website. Follow this link to view the ticket center:http://www.lightinthebox.com/index.php?main_page=ticket_center, and our customer service team will help you there.

Customer satisfaction is our #1 priority, we hope you could give us another chance to meet your shopping expectations!

LightInTheBox.com