• Report: #401995

• Submitted: Tue, December 16, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, January 19, 2009

• Reported By:phoenix Arizona
Lighthouse Brands/Trust Inc
3 Becker Farm Rd Suite 304 Roseland, New Jersey U.S.A.

Lighthouse Brands/Trust Inc rebate on mouse from circuit city, only people filing with BBB get it! Roseland, New Jersey

*Author of original report: Still no rebate! They didn't sign the check!!!!

I bought a computer mouse through the circuit city website. it was a web only promotion for a $15 rebate through Lighthouse brands. It was program ID #15139. I sent in all the required paperwork, the sales receipt, the upc, the form, etc. It said I must allow 10 weeks for delivery of my $15 rebate. 10 weeks came and went.

I went online to check on the status and the site they had listed to check : support@lhbrands.com came up as not exsisting. I "googled" it, and it became apparent that others had encounted the same problem, but I was able to obtain a phone number to call.

Upon calling the number :(973) 994-1776 , I got a recording saying to press 1 for "name", 2 for "name",3 for "name, 4 for "name" or zero for the operator. No matter what number I pressed, the recording simply repeated itself in an endless loop. Circuit City, as we all know, is closing, and they have from the beginning had nothing to do with this as it was a manufacturer rebate. I would have actually returned the mouse for a refund as it never worked, except that returning it was never allowed since I'd removed the upc to apply for the rebate! Others have been told they have not sent in the required paperwork, and I have copies.

I filed with the BBB of new jersey. The company of course said they needed my info, I provided it, they saud they had already sent out my check, the BBB asked if I would settle for that, and after ANOTHER week I got the rebate and they had NOT even mailed it when they told the BBB they had. They'd waited an extra 5 days longer! We'll see if the check is even good.

The fact remains, if you check their bbb record you'll see that I'm not alone in having to file in order to get my rebate, and if you google them, you'll find a FEW blogs where people discuss the exhaustive effort people have made to TRY to get their rebates from these people. I've included the company's actual info, to make it easier for you to file your BBB claim.
DesiredSettlementID: Refund
Product_Or_Service: computer mouse

Fedup
phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2008 01:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lighthouse-BrandsTrust-Inc/Roseland-New-Jersey-07068-1726/Lighthouse-BrandsTrust-Inc-rebate-on-mouse-from-circuit-city-only-people-filing-with-BBB-401995. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lighthouse Brands/Trust Inc

Still no rebate! They didn't sign the check!!!!

AUTHOR: Fedup - (U.S.A.)

Yes they sent me the rebate check AFTER I filed with the bbb. I took the check to THEIR bank to cash it, since I didn't want to deposit a (possible bouncing check) in my own account and incur extra fees. Anyway, I took the check to their bank who told me they WOULD cash it, EXCEPT that it hadn't been signed!!!! So now I have nothing. Well, except a mouse that doesn't work, which I can't return because the upc code was removed for the rebate, and months of 'the check is in the mail" followed by a check that is NOT SIGNED!!!! I re-opened the bbb case and as yet, lighthouse has not even responded to THAT!