Complaint Review: Lighthouse Recovery Associates

• Updated: Fri, August 10, 2012

• Reported By: skucharski15 — baraboo Wisconsin United States of America
Lighthouse Recovery Associates
6880 S. Yosemite Ct, Suite 100 Centennial, Colorado United States of America

Lighthouse Recovery Associates INQUIRIES Feb. 21, 2012 You have a new credit inquiry on your credit report submitted by LIGHTHOUSE R. Centennial, Colorado

*Consumer Comment: very similar deal

*Consumer Comment: Questions

I went to check my credit score today 03-14-2012 at 1:40AM. I seen that I have a "new" credit inquiry on my account. The credit inquiry was completed on Feb. 21 2012 by a company by LIGHTHOUSE R. I have no idea who that is. Anybody that has a clue please feel free to let me know. I did not consent to have some company by the name of LIGHTHOUSE R. do a credit check on me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2012 11:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lighthouse-Recovery-Associates/Centennial-Colorado-80112/Lighthouse-Recovery-Associates-INQUIRIES-Feb-21-2012-You-have-a-new-credit-inquiry-on-853554. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lighthouse Recovery Associates

very similar deal

AUTHOR: Randi - (U.S.A.)

Hello,
I was reading your post. I am currently trying to repair my credit. I'm a single mom of 3 kids  and I am in  need of stable housing quickly for my children and myself. So  that means owning my own  home knowing my credit wasn't good and  I am financially limited  and unable to get a down payment.  I decided to contact a law firm and spoke with a paralegal who could explain some of the process that  would have to happen to qualify for rent to own homes. This required a credit summary. I decided I  couldn't presently afford their fee's, but he sent the summary he obtained, and there it was.  Lighthouse R. I have also filed a complaint. I read another persons report here on this company and  the funny thing is, the other persons inquiry date and my inquiry date are the same or 1 day apart.  (not sure ,I'm tired). I was wondering if you'd found out anything? If so i'd be greatly interested in  hearing what you've learned.
Randi

Questions

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

This sounds like a Collection Agency, so the first question is do you have any outstanding delinquent debts?  If you do, then you did give them consent by way of your original creditor.  You can also expect a letter and/or collection calls from them in the near future.

If you don't have any outstanding debts, that you know about, there are a couple of other things to look at.  First what type of inquiry was this?  If it is considered a "soft" inquiry then no one else sees this, and it could be them just trying to find a particular debtor.  Really nothing to worry about.

If it is a "hard" inquiry other creditors do see this.  The company you are getting your Credit Report from should identify what type of inquiry it was.  If it was a hard inquiry and it is not your delinquency you should be able to dispute it with the credit reporting agencies to have it removed.

Now, if as a result off this they contact you or place a collection account on your credit report.  I suggest you read up on the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act(FDCPA) as those are regulations that a Debt Collector must follow.  You may also want to look at the Fair Credit Reporting Act(FCRA) as well.  If they don't follow these regulations, then you can turn the tables and go after them.