Complaint Review: Lighting Universe - Allied Trade Group

• Submitted: Tue, March 20, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, March 20, 2007

• Reported By:Toronto Ontario
Lighting Universe - Allied Trade Group
11730 118th Ave NE, Suite 400 Kirkland, Washington U.S.A.

Lighting Universe - Allied Trade Group Ripoff Worst Customer Service I Have Ever Seen Kirkland Washington

If you think of ordering from this company, think again. I have had a very similar experience to that of Tracy, NJ.

I have ordered a light fixture from them 10 weeks ago. It arrived very poorly packed and not surprisingly in pieces. I tried getting replacement glass panels for the broken ones. They shipped something that was both incorrect in size and color. Tried again. Got the wrong item again. And a third time. Wrong item shipped a 3rd time! I went to the trouble of specifying exactly what was broken and begged them to please send this and nothing else. But to no avail.

Exasperated by so much incompetence I tried to obtain a refund. Good luck there! They are dragging their feet, contradicting themselves, and I have yet to get my money..

I have been ordering from the internet since 1998 and estimate having made between 400 and 500 purchases. Well Lighting Universe ranks the very FIRST (1st) for poor customer service. I have made a report to the Better Business Bureau about their questionable business practices. I am also filing a report here, my first one, and will take up the matter with Visa as well to see if they can help.

"Lighting Universe prides itself on great Customer Service" says this rebuttal here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff175385.htm. This sounds like a bad joke. They are the worst of the worst. I have over THIRTY (30) emails trying to solve this simple matter, plus a half-dozen phone calls.

Never in my life has an order given me so much trouble.
These people shouldn't be in business, period. Take your business elsewhere and spare yourself the aggravation.

Lighting Universe, if you read this, shame on you.

Robert
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2007 02:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lighting-Universe-Allied-Trade-Group/Kirkland-Washington-98034/Lighting-Universe-Allied-Trade-Group-Ripoff-Worst-Customer-Service-I-Have-Ever-Seen-Kirk-239907. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lighting Universe - Allied Trade Group