Complaint Review: Lightning Specialists Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, July 19, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, July 20, 2010

• Reported By: Roger — Palm Harbor Florida United States of America
Lightning Specialists Inc.
4757 Belden Circle Palm Harbor, Florida United States of America

Lightning Specialists Inc. Charlie Wilson Lightning Protection Ripoff, Lightning Protection Scam, Lightning Protection Ovepriced, Lightning Protection Poor Workmanship, Lightning Protection Bad Character Palm Harbor, Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Thanx for the idea

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Victim of Disgruntled Employee

Since I live in the lightning capital of the United States, I decided to have lightning protection installed on my home.  Many of my neighbors had it installed in previous months so I thought that I was doing the right thing for my home and family.

I looked in the local phone book to see if there was any local companies and called a couple to feel them out and price them.  My first contact with Charlie Wilson was a phone call, he seemed extremely personable and somewhat reasonable in price compared to the others I called so I decided to go with Lightning Specialists.

This was A BIG MISTAKE.  His crew was nice enough but the work was completely and utterly lacking.  The job took a lot longer than it was supposed to because Charlie did not order the correct materials. The work was also completely un-astheticaly pleasing compared to my neighbors and when the workers were asked why they told me "that's how Charlie wants it done.'  When I phoned Charlie about this he became beligerant and informed me that I did not know anything about lightning protection and he did not care how other companies did it.  He also informed me that "I was lucky to have him working on my house' and that 'he normally only does work for electrical contracters' where he 'makes ALOT of money and doesn't need buisness like mine.'

He seems to be all about taking short cuts, smooth talking his clients and taking absolutely no responisbility for his work.  On a side note, I also witnessed him treating his employees badly which in my opinion only reiterates the poor moral and social character of this man.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2010 05:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lightning-Specialists-Inc/Palm-Harbor-Florida-34685/Lightning-Specialists-Inc-Charlie-Wilson-Lightning-Protection-Ripoff-Lightning-Protectio-624926. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lightning Specialists Inc.

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Thanx for the idea

AUTHOR: Kyle - (United States of America)

Hello!

This is the real Brandon Kyle Shaw.  I was an employee of Charlie Wilson and Lightning Specialists for two years.  While unfortunately I cannot take credit for the above report, I do find it to be very truthful.  Anyways, just wanted to clear my name!  And for the record, I was fired on 7/7/10, I did not quit, I'm not sure why Charlie found it necessary to lie about all of this.  Then again he is the kind of man who lashes out at others to cover his own downfalls.

BTW....thank you Charlie for forwarding me this report along with an email accusing me of writting it, I never even knew this site existed.....now I can file my own report on you.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Victim of Disgruntled Employee

AUTHOR: Charlie Wilson - (United States of America)

My name is Charlie Wilson. I'm the owner of Lightning Specialists, Inc. This original report was filed by a disgruntled employee named Brandon Kyle Shaw which recently quit his job without notice. If I am wromg may the real Roger fully reveal himself.

I'm sure this author is unwilling to reveal is true identity because this report was not written by one of our customers.

Attached below is email coorespondence from the only residential customer named Roger that we've had recently.

The information in the email below is real. Feel free to contact the real Roger and he can confirm our reputation.

Thanks Charlie !

From: Charlie Wilson [mailto:charlie@lightning-specialists.com]
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2010 11:18 AM
To: 'Roger Elliot'
Subject: RE: RE: RE:

Roger,

Attached is your invoice marked PAID. Please call if you have any question.

Thanks again, we really appreciate your business.

Sincerely

Sent: Monday, June 14, 2010 5:26 PM
To: Charlie Wilson
Subject: Re: RE: RE:

Charlie

Back home tomorrow. Will send check then. Please email me PAID receipt when you get check so that I can take to our insurance co. Let's hope this thing works !

ROGER ELLIOT

On Jun 14, 2010, at 12:56 PM, "Charlie Wilson" <charlie@lightning-specialists.com> wrote:

Roger,

We are not setup to accept credit card payments. You can just mail a check at your convenience.

Thanks,

Sent: Monday, June 14, 2010 1:12 PM
To: Charlie Wilson
Subject: Re: RE:

Hi Charlie

I am still in LA - heading home tomorrow.

Can I pay you by credit card ?

ROGER ELLIOT

On Jun 14, 2010, at 5:22 AM, "Charlie Wilson" <charlie@lightning-specialists.com> wrote:

Roger,

I hope your system is installed to your satisfaction. Please call or email if you have any concerns.

Here is the invoice. Let me know if you would like me to mail you a copy.

Sincerely,

Sent: Monday, June 07, 2010 10:12 AM
To: 'Charlie Wilson'
Subject: RE:

Charlie thats fine. What time will he be here ? We will be leaving by about 4-ish that afternoon

Where are we on the surge protectors ?

From: Charlie Wilson [mailto:charlie@lightning-specialists.com]
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2010 10:04 AM
To: 'Roger Elliot'
Subject: RE:

Roger,

Kyle spoke with our steel fabricater and he was out of town until last night. Hell have the brackets ready tomorrow afternoon.

Kyle will be able to install the brackets and mast on Wednesday. Let me know if that will work for you.

Thanks,

Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 3:02 PM
To: 'Charlie Wilson'
Subject:

Charlie

Brighthouse have been here today and done their thing. Rob was here and went through it all with them. Hopefully it will all be good.

See you first thing Friday ?

<R Elliot Invoice.pdf>