Complaint Review: Lightyear Entertainment

• Updated: Mon, June 09, 2014

• Reported By: Squire387 — Parkville Maryland
Lightyear Entertainment
4011 Alcove Avenue Studio City, California USA

Lightyear Entertainment Arnie Holland Just another victimized filmmaker Studio City California

I'm filing this report after having seen another report condemning the business practices of Arnie Holland and Lightyear Entertainment for ripping off indie film makers. I'm yet another statistic.

My film was released in 2007 on DVD and Video On Demand in the US and Canada by LE. From day one I had to fight for my quarterly reports and checks. My first check was a mere $36. After many more months of hounding them for $ they freely admitted (by way of the reports) to owing me, they finally sent me a check for $1500. That may sound encouraging, but according to the quarterly report I received shortly before this check, they owed me over $7000. That would be the last report and check I would ever receive.

I continued hounding them. When Holland actually did answer one of my many emails, he would just cry that he didn't have any money to pay me. Eventually, he simply stopped all communications with me.

I'm not a jerk. I just want what I'm entitled to.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2014 04:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lightyear-Entertainment/Studio-City-California-91604/Lightyear-Entertainment-Arnie-Holland-Just-another-victimized-filmmaker-Studio-City-Calif-1153378. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lightyear Entertainment