Complaint Review: Likom USA

• Submitted: Thu, April 19, 2001
  • Updated: Wed, September 18, 2002

• Reported By:
Likom USA
1001 South Lawson Street City of Industry, California U.S.A.

Futura Monitor Rebates - Likom USA bunch of lying low-lifes

*Consumer Comment: Late, but not never

*Consumer Comment: Rebate Received

Likom (http://www.likomusa.com/Default.htm), manufacturer of Futura monitors, is represented by a bunch of lying low-lifes.

I bought their 17" monitor in October 2000, and am still waiting for my $40 rebate, almost five months later. I called six times in six weeks, only to be told someone would call me back. Never once heard anything. Their "Rebate" email contact also never replies.

I checked online with the Better Business Bureau of Southland CA, and here's their report on Likom:

"Based on our standards, we rate this company as having an unsatisfactory business record. An unsatisfactory rating is given when a pattern in the company's customer complaints causes us concern, when the company does not respond to complaints, or when it will not substantiate its advertising claims. In this case, our complaint history for this company shows that although the business has responded to some customer complaints brought to its attention by the Bureau, others remain unanswered."

Recommend not doing business with them, as they are deceitful and deserve to have all their rusty, dusty, monitors shipped back to Malaysia for a big bonfire.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Likom-USA/City-of-Industry-California-91748/Futura-Monitor-Rebates-Likom-USA-bunch-of-lying-low-lifes-4960. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Likom USA

Late, but not never

AUTHOR: Alec - ()

After not receiving a rebate and complaining to the FTC about it, I had given up hope, as the FTC does not pursue individual cases.

Much to my surprise, a year and two months after my purchase, I received my rebate!

I have no idea what made it happen.

Rebate Received

AUTHOR: James - ()

I purchased the same futura 17" last year and did receive a rebate. Now Im working on replacing the monitor that became defective.