• Report: #420847

• Submitted: Thu, February 05, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, July 09, 2009

• Reported By:Rockford Michigan
Lily's Puppy Pad
5280 Northland Drive Grand Rapids, Michigan U.S.A.

Lily's Puppy Pad SELLING SICK PUPPIES! NO HEALTH REPORTS! LIES UPON LIES! Grand Rapids Michigan

*Consumer Suggestion: Liers

*Consumer Comment: What?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Slander!

*Author of original report: Response to Lily

*Consumer Comment: Please!!!!!

*Consumer Comment: you'vegottobekidding !!!

*Consumer Comment: The Truth

*Consumer Suggestion: complain to the state of Michigan - they are suppose to investigate every complaint

I purchased a puppy from Lily's Puppy Pad last summer. So many things went wrong, it was an absolute nightmare! I didn't know much about purchasing puppies but when I saw this little guy I just had to have him. Many people told me not to buy a dog from a pet shop... I just had to learn it the hard way... Jason the pet store owner told me that the dog I was purchasing was a pure bred but the breeder never filed papers because it would cost them a couple extra hunderd dollars. But that's the whole point of breeding purebreds, and that's why you pay so much to get them too. They priced this little guy at $1000 (w/out papers)! We worked out a deal so I wouldn't have to pay that price, but under the circumstances you couldn't have paid me to take the puppy if I knew how sick he really was.

I noticed in the store that some of the dogs had blood in their stools. Jason assured me that this was normal for dogs who are just coming off thier mothers' milk. This wasn't the case with my puppy. I found out from the vet that he was 13 weeks when I purchased him. Puppies stop nursing when they are 8 weeks old. I called the pet shop to ask for the health record which they are supposed to have on file (under the law in MI) the report was incomplete and half the information was false. They had his birthdate wrong on it, they said he was up to date on his shots which he wasn't. I ended up finding out that he had Giardia, an intestinal parasite which is spread through contact with infected feces. That's what was causing the blood in the stool... I had a huge vet bill including the vaccines that were listed as 'given' according to the handwritten health record.

This place needs to be shut down ASAP! I have heard so many complaints about them from so many other people with the EXACT same problems!! They don't care about the puppies or kittens that they sell there otherwise they would have treated them as soon as I called them to notify them that all thier puppies must be infected with the parasites beause it's extremely contagious. Which by the way, is transferrable to humans. So lets say your brought your children in there to look at the cute puppies and they ended up petting the dogs and playing with them, they could have been infected as well if the puppy had residue of feces on it's fur!!!! Horrible horrible experience there....I feel bad for whoever has been through the same thing as me, and I know there are a lot of people out there that have purchased puppies from there. I have filed a complaint with the state of MI and hopefully they will have thier licensed revoked for these cruel living conditions these puppies have to suffer in....

Honestcustomer
Rockford, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2009 09:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lilys-Puppy-Pad/Grand-Rapids-Michigan-49505/Lilys-Puppy-Pad-SELLING-SICK-PUPPIES-NO-HEALTH-REPORTS-LIES-UPON-LIES-Grand-Rapids-M-420847. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lily's Puppy Pad

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Liers

AUTHOR: Truthteller - (U.S.A.)

Okay- First off I am not Lily. Although I do know her I can say that she has nothing to do with my posts. The original post came from a girl that was known from our high school days and is what is labeled in high school as THE SLUTTY DITZ! You know the one who pukes up lunch, sleeps with the football team and twirls her hair while saying I don't get it?

People need to understand that puppies get sick, if you wish to file a complaint about a sick NEW puppy, what on earth are you going to do when your baby gets sick?!? File a complaint against the hospital?!? Your dumb.

I am not going to actually kill this girls dog, I just wish she could take the dick out of her mouth long enough to learn that lies are a no-no.

No matter what you purchase in life be it a puppy, car, toy etc... there is always a chance that it may be broken, or break after you get it. If she is selling sick puppies then how on earth do you figure we get STATE CERTIFIED HEALTH CERTIFICATES?!?! We are not vets, we take the puppies there and if we are told okay your dogs are fine go sell them why would we think otherwise unless symptoms are observed?

All in all no matter what you do in life people are going to be haters, and this is all Lauren is, a bitter bitchy hater. Lily runs a good business and is only selling what she is told are healthy puppies.

What?

AUTHOR: Devilsadvocate4education*just My Opinions* - (U.S.A.)

Not that there aren't or weren't plenty of questions raised by some statements in the first report but..
The post by truthteller A.K.A Lily is just WRONG. VERY WRONG.

The poster failed to mention that the puppy did not test positive until 4 weeks later which would indicate the pup did not catch it at the store. Yes, it is very common and usually easily treated. There ARE a couple of uncommon forms that ARE communicable to humans but aren't usually referred to AS coccidia but as what they are. As coccidia mostly affects puppies with little to no immune system and is USUALLY of the type which is not communicable to humans, neither the humans nor even older dogs exposed to the puppy tend to catch or be affected by it.

WHAT? Registering a litter with Cont kennel club is FREE (and is easy to verify and look up). It also does not cost very much in the scheme of things to register the parents (gee, 12 to 18 dollars I think depending on the choice per dog plus 15 for a pedigree I believe). What does this say about the breeder and the fact that you accepted that information and pups from them if that is true? Not only did they intentionally breed a mutt, but they are unwilling to spend money? Really, you should be able to explain the basics to your buyers (AND your employees). To do otherwise is only likely to make it appear you deliberately lied (regardless of your ACTUAL intentions) and only serves to put another notch in the all pet stores are the scum of the earth' theories (which is likely to be the opposite of your desired effect). Being uninformed is not an excuse as it really was something you should have known and it is something you incorrectly RELAY to people obviously.
Between the whole kill the dog thing and the registration explanation in particular you have not shown yourself particularly well here either I'm afraid. *Just my opinions*

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Slander!

AUTHOR: Lilys - (U.S.A.)

Mary ann had purchased the Puppy from me. She was told that the dog was a Teddy bear. She asked if it had pappers. I told her that It was high breed which is a mix of shitzhu and bichon. Not a pure breed. Usually only regestired with Ckc and not Akc. I also infromed her that the Family we received these puppies from did not wish to pay the funds neseccary to regestier them with Ckc. However that the puppy would come with a Michigan Health Certificate which is issued from the Vets office. On the Health Certificate states vaccines, fecal exam , de-worming, and full health exam all perfomed by a veternerian. She purchased the puppy for 499. Not 1000! 3 weeks later she returned with the puppy. She told me she wanted to return the puppy because it was quote "Its stupid and will not potty train and that it eats turkey poop out of her back yard" I told her we do not offer returns on behavioral problems and only offer health refunds. She threatened to leave the dog in the parking lot in front of our store, but she didn't and took the dog home. One week later she returned after bringing her puppy to the vets office for its routine 4 week check up. All was good with puppy except it tested positive on a fecal exam this time for coccida. Coccida is common in Michigan puppies past on from oral consumption of fecal from animals or from mothers milk. She just got done telling me it ate turkey poop! Symptoms are blood in stool. Easily treatable with a 5-7 day treatment of oral Albon. And it is not contagious to humans! It may have been possible our vet missed it due to the fact that coccida usually does not show up in fecal exam until puppy is 9 weeks or older. Puppy was not showing symptoms at this time. However change in diet, stress, and eviroment will cause syptoms to appear. We offered to cover the complete vet costs. She refused. She then left the puppy at the store. She then was issued a full refund. Lily and I personaly took the puppy home and he is now one of two dogs that we own. His name is Ted Ted. He was treated with a 5 day oral albon treatment. I have had him for over 1 year now and he is very healthy and smart! No turkeys around my house I guess! This Case is highlty documented. All health records and documents from vet complete. I know rip off report has a policy that will not remove any post but this is slander! This Case has been brought in front of the Rockford Court House in the state of Michigan.

Response to Lily

AUTHOR: Honestcustomer - (U.S.A.)

First of all I would like to assure you that all accusations are accurate and factual. If you would like I would be more than happy to provide any information regarding my experience with Lily's Puppy Pad and papers provided by the vet proving that my dog did have giardias.

As for Lily, I really think it's sad that you would actually threaten to kill the dog that you sold to me. It really does say a lot on how much you do care for your puppies or any animals for that matter.

But like most pet owners I love my dog and I'm taking any threat against him seriously. Especially a threat that would kill him slowly and painfully! Do NOT contact me via email, online, mail, phone, or in person. I will file a PPO if you do.

Please!!!!!

AUTHOR: Kristopher K - (U.S.A.)

Read it, thought it through and confident these claims are submitted on behalf of those who compete, aka competitors.

I'm a very happy purchaser who can provide supporting evidence of my experience, the healthy pet purchased and the fact this entry is an attempt to make false reports to benefit the member having entered the defamitory claim.

What goes around, comes around! And the Karma you create will follow you!

Best!
A very happy customer!

you'vegottobekidding !!!

AUTHOR: Youmustbekidding - (U.S.A.)

OMG !!!

Am I reading this RIGHT ???

Quote: " Well all I have to say to you Lauren is I hope your damn Papillon doesn't mysteriously ingest some antifreeze any time soon! Have a nice day! ; )

WOW !!!
To say the least.
This is coming from the owner of Lily's puppy pad ???
That right there,
says a lot about her, and her business.
And how she must really care about the puppies she sells.

I wonder how many more threats were made against others ???

Or God forbid, followed through with ???

The Truth

AUTHOR: Truthteller - (U.S.A.)

The truth of the matter in the case of Lily's Puppy Pad is this whole report is a lie! This was posted by someone *cough Lauren Haik* who was too ignorant to know how to take care of a puppy and in turn tried to blame it on Lily. The dogs do get coccidia from time to time and it is a normal thing for them, yes it causes some blood in the stool but it is due to the stress it causes the puppy when taken from its mother. A round of antibiotics and its gone. And as for the papers, maybe if you would have paid the full price in the two installments you agreed to the papers would have been issued to you. But why would Lily go out to pay for papers for your dog that you half stole when you never even paid for the whole thing! Well all I have to say to you Lauren is I hope your damn Papillon doesn't mysteriously ingest some antifreeze any time soon! Have a nice day! ; )

#8 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Saboo - (U.S.A.)

Please go to the State of Michigan website and file a complaint. I have googled this business and have come up with other similar stories from other people. Several sick puppies involved.

Good Luck & spread the word