Complaint Review: Limebarb.com

• Updated: Tue, December 14, 2010

• Reported By: Kim P — North Carolina United States of America
Limebarb.com
Chicago, Illinois United States of America

Limebarb.com Barbara Staples Failure to produce quality costume after late delivery and failure to issue any recompense Chicago, Illinois

I ordered a "deluxe" costume from them, which was supposed to be their top-of-the-line costume, but what I received was complete garbage. Not only did they send terrible merchandise, which was ill-fitting and poor constructed, but I had to virtually pull teeth to get them to send anything in the first place.

My due date was June 15, but I did not receive my order until August 13, after asking for a cancellation (which was never addressed) and receiving two emails with tracking numbers to packages that were never sent (which they admitted after I emailed saying the USPS did not have that tracking number attached to anything).

The boots that I ordered custom made were actually cheap boots with boot covers, not sewn, but GLUED to them with a rubber cement like product. The boots were peeling apart when I got them and the glue was highly visible. They were additionally so large at the top that they hit me in the crotch and were wider than a pair of waders would've been. It looked like I had elephantitis from the knee up.

The corset I ordered to function as an actual corset, I could put on and overlap the grommets with enough space to put my fists in and still be comfortable. The straps on the corset, which were not adjustable, were so long that they hung over the top of it.

The shirt and skirt were supposed to be made of stretch cotton and the top a button-up, but no buttons were on any part of the garmet and the material was cotton muslin instead (very cheap). The shirt was too small lengthwise to cover my midriff and the skirt was too short to cover my rear. Both pieces were also clearly not constructed to width measurements and made 5 inches larger than requested. The ends of the shirt were also coming unraveled when I pulled it out of the box.

The only part of my entire costume that fit properly was the bra (store bought at Target that had pleather sewn to it). The gloves were tight but I could still wear those as well. But the costume overall was a complete loss.

I warn anyone who tries to deal with them that this was my experience and after fighting it out with my credit card company and the BBB, they're still keeping my $815. So I'm having to pursue further legal action with a lawyer to recover my money. They're a horrible company and if you check the BBB website, you'll see they've had at least 11 complaints so far this year filed against them. I would never recommend them and will never return to them for any service at all whatsoever again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2010 11:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Limebarbcom/Chicago-Illinois-/Limebarbcom-Barbara-Staples-Failure-to-produce-quality-costume-after-late-delivery-and-fa-671368. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Limebarb.com