Complaint Review: Limebarb.com

• Updated: Fri, December 21, 2012

• Reported By: Sarah — Owings Mills Maryland United States of America
Limebarb.com
3149 S Morgan, St Ste 2 Chicago, Illinois United States of America

Limebarb.com Lemonbrat, Barbara Staples Limebarb Failed to deliver on costume commission Chicago, Illinois

*Author of original report: Secondary Update

*Author of original report: Resolved Situation

Where to begin. I contacted Barbara Staples for a cosplay commission back in January of 2011. The due date for the commission was July 1, 2011. The order was for a custom dress with boots, gloves, neckpiece and accessories, totaling $1400. I was willing to spend this much with the promise that I was going to get something that would be the best
possible end-product.

I started making payments, but was unfortunately late on the last payment before my event in July, so as
technicalities go, the fact that I did not get my order by my due date was expected. However, I did finish paying it off two weeks before my event, and was told repeatedly in emails that it was "almost done" with "just a few more details needed" and that it "would be mailed out in time for [my] event!".

Fast forward to today, eight months after I have paid off the dress, and I have yet to see anything more than a pair of unaltered shoes and some ribbons that were trim the bottom hem of the dress. Barbara has avoided showing my photographic evidence of my costume (so that I know its almost done), nor has she been able to really explain why I did not receive my costume back in July when according to her emails it was almost done.

She has given me excuse after excuse, from moving her studio to her van breaking down, which I can understand and have been overly sympathetic to these plights. But a year and half after I started making payments without more than a few pics as evidence has left a sour taste in my mouth. I am still waiting on my costume, or on a refund in full for my troubles. In
the meantime, she has been attending conventions, making costumes for herself (as evidenced on her facebook page) and selling hundreds of  pre-made items in her other store, http://lemonbrat.com.

I would not recommend Barbara Staples for a cosplay commission ever.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2012 07:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Limebarbcom/Chicago-Illinois-60608/Limebarbcom-Lemonbrat-Barbara-Staples-Limebarb-Failed-to-deliver-on-costume-commission-C-859740. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Limebarb.com

Secondary Update

AUTHOR: SarahEwell - (United States of America)

I would also like to add in response to my own report that Limebarb and Lemonbart (though both are owned by Barbara Staples) are unique business entities and the funds between the two of them are not shared, as I had incorrectly claimed in my report. I wish to fully withdraw that statement.

Resolved Situation

AUTHOR: SarahEwell - (United States of America)

After much discussion concerning this situation, both myself and Barbara Staples (Owner and founder of Limebarb and Lemonbrat studios) have come to a resolution concerning a complete 100% refund.

The refund was issued quickly and without any kind of negative attitude. She is clearly a professional who knows how to handle tricky situations and I applaud her on her customer service skills.

Though I can and do confess to some negative nay-saying on my behalf, I am appreciative of Barbara for allowing us to agree upon a resolution so that we can both be satisfied at the end of the day.