Complaint Review: Lincoln Financial Group

• Reported By: suzy — Houston Texas
Lincoln Financial Group
P.O. Box 7876 Fort Wayne, Indiana USA

Lincoln Financial Group Red Flags Everywhere Fort Wayne Indiana

*Author of original report: An update

I received a letter from Lincoln Financial Group welcoming me to their program.  To access my account, all that I needed to do was enter my SSN either by phone or online.  I have never heard of this company nor did I ever solicit their business.

When I called them, the rep. told me he needed my name and SSN to get any info.  He said there was most likely a switch in the retirement company that I used with my last employer.  There was no way I was giving him my social.  There was no listing from my last employer and he kept telling me that without my social, he was unable to access any info.

If there was a switch or change in any of my retirement plans, I would receive a notification letter in advance.  None was sent to me.  And for some unknown company welcoming me to their services and telling me that my SSN is all that is needed for me to gain access is a huge alarm-sounder.  Dingdingding!

Don't ever give out your SSN in response to unknown and unsolicited letters or phone calls!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2013 11:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lincoln-Financial-Group/Fort-Wayne-Indiana/Lincoln-Financial-Group-Red-Flags-Everywhere-Fort-Wayne-Indiana-1091840. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lincoln Financial Group

An update

AUTHOR: suzy - ()

I had received a letter from Lincoln Financial and had no idea who they were, but they were telling me I had an account with them and the only way to get access was to tell them my SSN.  I refused, and was not able to learn anything more about the letter, without my SSN.  I called again and was able to get an agent who luckily didn't need my SSN and she informed me that a past employer had switched my retirement account over to Lincoln.  End of story!

All could have been avoided if the first agent was able to do what she did:  give me info without my giving her my Social.  I don't tell anyone my Social unless I know who they are and have an account with them.

All is well - Lincoln is easy to navigate and subsequent agents were a pleasure to deal with!