Complaint Review: Lincoln Legal Division

• Updated: Tue, March 20, 2012

• Reported By: katy thomas — kissoff South Dakota United States of America
Lincoln Legal Division
13911 W. Hillsborough Ave Ste 136 Tampa, Florida United States of America

Lincoln Legal Division Adam Daniels and Harold Thompson Illegal Scare Tactics Tampa, Florida

I too have been contacted by this illegal squad of death messengers. They leave messages with know mention of the FDCPA but tell you they are sending the law after you. This tactic is to make you think they have know connection to a collection agency. I admit the first time I heard it; it scared me (but not enough to make me pick up the phone). I assumed it was a collection agency. I had reached my third and final attempt and nothing happened. After the fourth call I was sure it was a scam so it was time to turn the tables.

I answered the phone on yesterday (unknwown number) and told the guy I was out of town and not sure when I would return. We had a heated exchange anyway and I hung up on him. But being the idiot that he is; he called right back we  argued some more and he hung up on me. He called a third time and hung up on me again. Gotcha!

So today I called in and got the receptionist who could tell me nothing about the company other than the name, address and fax. There is know website for the company that I found. They answer the phone as Corporate Office. They have an "F" Rating by the BBB in Florida.

I spoke to one of the two hinchman today ( I thought they would be glad to have a call back) and was immediately hung up on when I refused to give last four of my social. I called back and asked for a supervisor and could not get one. This morning I called the Attorney General office in florida to file an official complaint. I left an email for the Attorney General Pam Bondi.

Even if they work for an attorney and are attempting to collect a debt they still must follow the FDCPA. So threatening to send a uniform officer to my place of employment or home when have know intentions of doing so is a violation. Causing a person's phone to ring with the intent of harrassment is also a violation. There number never shows up that is illegal. They never identify the name of the company and thats illegal. I have recieved no letters, either.

Don't be afraid lets fight back. That's a $1000.00 in your pocket per violation and you can even sue the company. I will update again when I here back from the AG's office

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2012 08:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lincoln-Legal-Division/Tampa-Florida-33635/Lincoln-Legal-Division-Adam-Daniels-and-Harold-Thompson-Illegal-Scare-Tactics-Tampa-Flori-856566. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lincoln Legal Division