Complaint Review: Lincoln-Mercury

• Submitted: Thu, June 02, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, June 02, 2005

• Reported By:Hurst Texas
Lincoln-Mercury
Lincoln.com, MercuryVehicles.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Lincoln-Mercury,Ford Motor Co. Lincoln-Mercury promised a american express gift card after test drive in DECEMBER, its JUNE and I haven't gotten it Ripoff Nationwide

You know all those promotions you get from car dealerships that say stuff like "Well give you a $75 American Express branded gift card if you test drive such and such car on the lot" just to get you in their showroom? Well IGNORE them because they dont care about what you really came in for they just want to try to sell you a car. Let me tell you about once when I responded to their (Lincoln-Mercury corporate, not the dealership North Hills Lincoln-Mercury)'s nationwide "Test drive a Mercury Montego and get a free $75 American Express gift card" offer back in DECEMBER.I went into our local Lincoln-Mercury dealer (North Hills) and test drove a Montego and the salesman went into his office to fill out the form that I got in the mail., and when he returned he said "Mail this to the address on the front"(it was to Lincoln-Mercury's headquarters). so we went home and mailed it off,keep in mind that he said "Wait 6-8 weeks before it comes in". Well I waited the 6-8 Weeks I was supposed to and it didn't come. I figured the mail was slow,Well it's been 6-8 MONTHS and it still hasn't come in, and I know the mail is not THAT slow.

DO NOT respond to those offers they are a RIP-OFF!
I am not saying that North Hills Lincoln-Mercury is bad, I'm saying Lincoln-Mercury Corporate is bad. Im also saying "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Robert
Hurst, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2005 05:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lincoln-Mercury/nationwide/Lincoln-MercuryFord-Motor-Co-Lincoln-Mercury-promised-a-american-express-gift-card-after-144866. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lincoln-Mercury