Complaint Review: Lincoln Technical Institute

• Updated: Tue, March 29, 2011

• Reported By: C hayes — Grand Blanc Michigan United States of America
Lincoln Technical Institute
97 Newberry Rd East Windsor, Connecticut United States of America

Lincoln Technical Institute Charged over 10000.00 for the 1 month that I attended, I left because I had been lied to about everything. East Windsor, Connecticut

I went to Lincoln Technical Institute in East Windsor CT for 1 month and they are trying to charge me over $10000.00.  According to my 2010 tax form 1098-T I was only billed $2616.67 for qualfied tuition and related expenses, but the bill I received from them was for $10814.65.  I think that is an unfair amount for the time I was there and an education that I feel that I did not receive.

I was a student in their automotive technology program and was promised an 80% hands on class. That was something I did not recieve. I was lied to and spent most of my class time inside taking notes. When we got into the automotive lab we barely had any room to work, we had 20-30 students working on 1-2 car lifts at the same time. I was told that wasn't supposed to happen.

I talked to the Dean of Admissions before I left about the problems that were going on and he said he would fix things to convince me to stay there. When I talked to current students that I knew months later they said the same problems we were experiencing when I was there were still going on. This shows how much they don't care about their students and all the good things they promised were lies. Months before I attended Lincoln Technical Institute it was known as Baran Technical Institute. Students that were there when it was Baran Technical Institute were complaining that things had gone way down hill since Lincoln Technical Institute took over Baran.

I didn't leave because college was too hard or because I missed home. I left because the school was a scam and I did not recieve the education or anything else I was promised. I was promised good food but the food was almost unedible on a daily basis, I was once served raw chicken. I reported this to the head of the dorm and nothing was done. I was promised good living conditions. The dorm rooms where way too small for 2 people to live in for 12 or more months. The dorm rooms weren't much bigger than a walk in closet. They weren't the dorms I was shown on the tour I took before I attended Lincoln. I feel they were trying to hide all this from me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2011 11:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lincoln-Technical-Institute/East-Windsor-Connecticut-06088/Lincoln-Technical-Institute-Charged-over-1000000-for-the-1-month-that-I-attended-I-left-711322. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lincoln Technical Institute