Complaint Review: Linda Randall & Tom Randall

• Submitted: Mon, September 20, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, September 20, 2010

• Reported By: George — Shoreline Washington USA
Linda Randall & Tom Randall

Linda Randall & Tom Randall LR Cosmetics & Services, Makeup Artists, Makeup Artists Who's Who in the Industry Failure to Pay. Scam artists. Internet

In early 2009 I was hired as a graphic designer to help Linda & Tom Randall with a series of projects: First was a book cover mockup which was to later become a part fashion spread, part directory-listing type of book. Following that: a website, flyers, etc.

The book cover mockup was done first as a sales tool to drive interest to potential clients. When that was complete, I was paid the small amount due for that bit of work. After that payment, I and a web coder both did a large amount of work on the other, larger projects for this client. Once the work was completed and the time for payment came, they claimed to be the victims of a number of increasingly unbelievable catastrophies. First they lost my invoice, then they claimed that both of their computers crashed simultaneously. A month later, they claimed to be victims of a hotel fire where they apparently had everything stored that related to their business. [continued below]....
.....

It went on and on like this for some time via e-mail. My attempts to call them got me nowhere and eventually they stopped answering the phone when I called. This is one of the nightmare projects from my past that I will always remember as I make new clients and gauge whether or not I believe them to be genuine. There were certainly warning signs, but they were clever in how they strung us along ... providing small portions of the payment due, etc. Not only were I and my associate not even close to fully paid for our work, but that work was used to deceive others for which I feel terrible.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2010 10:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Linda-Randall-Tom-Randall/internet/Linda-Randall-Tom-Randall-LR-Cosmetics-Services-Makeup-Artists-Makeup-Artists-Whos-642441. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Linda Randall & Tom Randall