Complaint Review: Lindsay Chevrolet

• Reported By: hockeytape — Woodbridge Virginia United States of America
Lindsay Chevrolet
15605 Jefferson Davis Hwy Woodbridge, Virginia United States of America

Lindsay Chevrolet Classic shell game and fear tactics Woodbridge, Virginia

I'll keep this short and to the point.

They advertised an internet price and then claimed they needed to add back in my USAA discount ($750) to the sales price "as required by state law." The amusing thing is that this car (2012 Volt) is advertised online through several sites (e.g., Cars.com) with no mention of a USAA (or any other) discount.

The salesman attempted to get me to fill out a Credit Application (to get my Social Security #) after I told him several times I was already financed through my bank. He said, "oh we have to do this with everyone." Of course. Then after telling him no, his countered with, "your SSN is required by the Patriot Act." I told him he was incorrect and he of course fell back on, "that's how I was trained."

After these tactics were displayed, I gave them an offer and they said, "we can't do that." No counter offer made, so I walked.

I don't have a problem with them not wanting to deal, but the sales tactics I experienced were clearly deceptive, and invoking the Patriot Act to run my credit is about as low as you can get. How they think this stuff could fly in 2012 is beyond me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2012 06:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lindsay-Chevrolet/Woodbridge-Virginia-/Lindsay-Chevrolet-Classic-shell-game-and-fear-tactics-Woodbridge-Virginia-865482. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lindsay Chevrolet