Complaint Review: Lindsay General Insurance

• Updated: Mon, August 13, 2012

• Reported By: MadBoyReadyNow — Dallas Texas United States of America
Lindsay General Insurance
1855 Satellite Blvd #100 Internet United States of America

Lindsay General Insurance GetAutoInsurance.com Did not and has not paid my claim after a month of filing the claim, Internet

I live in a Suburb in Dallas, TX and have insurance with BaJa Auto Insurance. I found out on 07/09/2012 its actually Drivers Insurance aka Lindsay General Insurance which is also a part of Getautoinsurance.com

My car was involved in a hit and run on 07/08/2012. I filed a police report and the next day called to file a claim. Today is 08/08/2012 exactly a month from the date of my accident and a day short of when I filed the claim. I received an email from the person handling my claim on 07/26/2012 to drop my car off for repairs and the check was mailed. I check the mail every day and there is no check. My car was completed on 08/03/2012. I was forced to spend my bill money to get my car out of the shop and take out a loan to pay my bills.

There is a lot more to go along with this story. Lies from your phone reps and an agent Ernest Stillwell who does not seem to care at all. I requested that he stop pay on the check on 08/01/2012 and mail a new check. He declined to do that. He offered me an option to sign a cancel check form which I filled out and faxed over about 3pm on 08/03/2012. He tells me that if I want it sent over night it will have to be at my own expense.

I left an urgent voice mail asking for Ernest to please call me back and also sent him an email. He did not call me back until Monday 08/06/2012. He tells me that he is waiting for accounting to let him know to print another check. Today is Wednesday noon I have not heard from Ernest not by phone or email. To me Ernest does not care and obviously not concerned at all. Either Ernest doesnt care or this is normal procedures for the company, to delay payment for as long as possible.

I have been the victim by the person who hit my car and ran and now my own insurance company. I have since received 6 pieces of mail from Drivers Insurance since filing the claim not one a check. At this point I need a check mailed to me overnight today, waive my deductible and also address why my policy renewal went from $98 to $143. I would prefer a really nice discount because I am an older male with a very good driving record.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2012 10:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lindsay-General-Insurance/internet/Lindsay-General-Insurance-GetAutoInsurancecom-Did-not-and-has-not-paid-my-claim-after-a-926492. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lindsay General Insurance