Complaint Review: Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson & E470

• Updated: Wed, April 17, 2013

• Reported By: Natalie — Colorado Springs Colorado
Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson & E470
1515 Cleveland Place Denver, Colorado United States of America

Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson & E470 Unfair Billing Practices Denver, Colorado

Several months after I had used the toll road on e470, I received a statement in the mail, which I paid.  A couple of months later, I received another statement for the same trip, which confused me as I had already paid a statement.  I call e470 and was told the the motor vehicle department hadn't submitted all the tolls at the same time. Um, okay? Paid that statement and then received another statement after that for the same trip!  I was very confused by that point and ultimately paid that statement, but was a little past the due date.  I then received a notice from a collection agency for that statement, which I had already paid directly to e470.  Now, I'm not going to pay the same statement twice, so I called the collection agency and spoke to the rudest women I have ever spoken to and all she wanted from me was my phone number and wasn't really interested in what I was explaining to her. She ended up telling me that she wasn't going to argue with me and I just needed to pay them. So I hung up on her and immediately called e470 who told me, yes, they got my payment, but the statement I received from the collection agency was their fee ($20) and had to be paid. No if ands or buts.  How ridiculous is it that I have to pay a rude collection agency for something they didn't do, no service was provided by them to e470. And the inefficiency in the way e470 bills created the mess in the first place. The e470 person was friendly and "understood" a lot, but nothing she could do other than take my payment for the collection agency (or I run the risk of having my car registration suspended). I told her that e470 chooses to do business with Linebarger and they could have this fee waived, and she said no - it's an automatic fee from the collection agency.

I also informed e470 that I will happily go out of my way and drive the long way around as opposed to using their toll road ever again.

So frustrated and irritated and I hope that Linebarger Goggan Blair and Sampson recorded my every word to that rude a** b*tch that I spoke with.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2013 02:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Linebarger-Goggan-Blair-Sampson-E470/Denver-Colorado-80202/Linebarger-Goggan-Blair-Sampson-E470-Unfair-Billing-Practices-Denver-Colorado-1044043. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson & E470