Complaint Review: Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson LLP

• Updated: Sat, July 30, 2011

• Reported By: Chris — Longmont Colorado USA
Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson LLP
600 Seventeenth St, Suite 800 North Denver, Colorado United States of America

Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson LLP Scam with toll road E-470, they NEVER send you a bill and then send you one with HUGE penalties! Denver, Colorado

My wife and I have used a toll road to get to the Denver International Airport many times.  The first bill came from Express Toll for $27.00 due on 2/25/11 and I paid it using my bank's bill pay.

In March, I got a bill from Express Toll with a statement date of 2/26/11 with a carryover balance of $27.00 and a $5.00 late fee.  I looked up my bank statement and saw that the original $27.00 was paid to Express Toll on 2/23/11.  I assumed they just hadn't processed it yet and I knew the bill was paid and it was paid on time.

In April, I got a letter from Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson, LLP stating that I owed them $75.00 for unpaid toll fees.  I called the number on the letter and I was told to fax my bank statement showing the bill was paid and it would be "taken care of".  I faxed a letter stating the above and the bank statement showing payment on 2/25/11.  I assumed it was "taken care of".

July 30, 2011 I received a Notice of Toll Evasion-Civil Penalty Assessment from Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson, LLP stating that I owe them $795.00.  They included a list of charges toll fees from 12/19/10 through 5/1/11 with each $2.50 or $3.00 fee having a $25.00 civil penalty fee next to it.  The statement also included the old $5.00 late fee and a $15.00 collection fee.

I did not receive any toll bills from the time I faxed the law firm until 7/30/11.  There were 16 new toll charges on the notice I received on 7/30/11.  I will pay my toll fees, but this law firm is purposefully trying to get money out of me, by not sending me my bills and then claiming I am evading toll charges.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2011 06:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Linebarger-Goggan-Blair-Sampson-LLP/Denver-Colorado-80202/Linebarger-Goggan-Blair-Sampson-LLP-Scam-with-toll-road-E-470-they-NEVER-send-you-a-bi-758646. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson LLP