Complaint Review: Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson, LLP

• Submitted: Sat, June 13, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, June 13, 2009

• Reported By:Conroe Texas
Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson, LLP
1301 Travis Street, Suite 300 Houston, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 713-844-3569
  • Web:
  • Category: Lawyers

Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson, LLP Something stinky in Houston, Why I got not citation on notice until this scam law firm contacts me? Houston Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: They are "Renegade Debt Collectors"

OK, I get this letter from a law firm stating that they are the collectors for the city of houston and I owe them money for a parking ticket four months ago. Only, I have never gotten a ticket or any notification from Houston that I had any violation. So, in addition to the fine gong from $25 to $70 these clowns are getting $15 for sending a letter. What? Houston can't send letters or leave a sticker on the car? I think this is a little scam for favored people to pick up a little easy money. I wonder who is getting the kick back? I can tell you one thing I will do everything I can to not trade in Houston in the future. One more thing this violation was supposedly on a Saturday. There was a sign that states parking meters are for Mon - Fri.

Conroe, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2009 11:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Linebarger-Goggan-Blair-Sampson-LLP/Houston-Texas-77002/Linebarger-Goggan-Blair-Sampson-LLP-Something-stinky-in-Houston-Why-I-got-not-citation-461390. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson, LLP

#1 Consumer Suggestion

They are "Renegade Debt Collectors"

AUTHOR: Chiliheadwizard - (U.S.A.)

If you have no record of any violation in the city of Houston regarding this ticket, that will be proof enough. I would recommend requesting written verification of this debt they allege that you owe.

They have harassed my husband since 2005 over something listed as occuring back in 1994 with the Florida Highway Patrol. Even if it were legit, the FHP has long since expunged it. They sent a letter to my husband telling him he could be driving on a suspended license. We laughed in 2005 because my husband had not had a license in about thirty years. He admitted to being a hippie wild child long ago, and that his license had been revoked because of it. He had more tickets than you could shake a stick at back then, and even at that it was not in the state of Florida. He just never bothered trying to get one again after that.

When he finally decided to get one again in 2008, the only thing that showed up on his record were a few $0 due on very old expunged tickets from out of state and one from 2003 when he was ticketed for not wearing a seatbelt while riding with a friend, who was pulled over for another traffic violation. We paid his 2003 ticket but nowhere did this FHP stuff show up on his record and it still does not.

Now these dirtbags have tried something very underhanded. They must have seen that he got his driver's license back last summer and they have his driver license number. They sent him the same stupid letter asking him to pay with the threat that his license may be suspended. When I looked at the number they had printed, they left the last numeral out! Of course, when I typed in that number at the Florida DMV, it comes up "invalid." When I type in his number with that last numeral, it comes up as valid along with renewal dates and etc. Talk about a dirty trick!

If nothing is showing up on your driving record, I would suggest a "drop dead" letter. Samples can be found at the web sites by Clark Howard (http://clarkhoward.com) and by Bud Hibbs (http://www.budhibbs.com). Send it certified mail with return receipt request. I would also file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission at http://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov, especially if they continue to harass you over this alleged debt.

Whatever you do, never volunteer any bank account or credit card information. They will raid it. If you are summoned to court, show up but also show that it is not a valid debt because you are not the person they are looking for, or the debt is beyond the Statute of Limitations, or that they could not provide proof you owe this debt, or what-have-you. They can be so under-handed that they may try a court summons and win by default if you do not show up. They have a record of getting this court cases dismissed due to lack of proof.