Complaint Review: Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson

• Updated: Sun, March 10, 2013

• Reported By: Capt John — Titusville Florida United States of America
Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson
P.O. Box 51607 Jacksonville, Florida United States of America

Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson Toll by plate violations - when I don't own a car. Jacksonville, Florida

I keep getting Toll-by-plate violations in the mail. Originally, the notice with picture, shows a BMW auto with clearly visiable license plate.  Problem is, I do not own a car, much less a BMW. Furthermore, I have never even been in, much less driven a BMW. Nor have I ever been on a Florida toll road.

I do however, have a 50cc Motor scooter with the same license number as this BMW.  But, obviously motor scooter plates are much smaller then auto plates.  When you look at the Toll-by-plate violation - it obviously shows a BMW auto with the larger size auto plates. . . I went to the DMV, and when they run the plate # - it comes up with my name, but explicitly says "motor scooter".

I keep sending this Toll-by-plate violation notices back with notes that this is not me, nor my scooter (obviously) - but I keep getting the notices, which have spread over to Linebarger, Goggan, Blair & Sampson Attorneys at Law, for collection.

Neither Florida "Toll-by-Plate nor Linebarger, Groggan have paid any attention to my notices or rebuttal that this is NOT ME!  Now, 2nd, 3rd notices still keep coming along with the new ones.  And I can't seem to stop it - and the fines keep getting bigger & bigger.   Meanwhile, the DMV looks at the picture of the BMW and looks at the information on me and my "scooter" and assure me that cars & scooters don't share the same plate numbers. . . but they offer no solution other then contact an attorney.  To which, I say, if I could afford an attorney, I could afford a BMW. It's not my ticket or toll, it's not my violation. Why should I have to pay for an attorney?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2013 01:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Linebarger-Goggan-Blair-Sampson/Jacksonville-Florida-32241/Linebarger-Goggan-Blair-Sampson-Toll-by-plate-violations-when-I-dont-own-a-car-Jack-1026524. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson