Complaint Review: Lingo, Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, September 30, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, September 30, 2008

• Reported By:Camas Washington
Lingo, Inc.
7901 Jones Branch Drive, 9th Floor McClean, Virginia U.S.A.

Lingo, Inc. Lingo defrauds customers who switch carriers by making it impossible for them to cancel their accounts! McClean Virginia

I switched my VOIP service from Lingo to Comcast in May. I attempted to make several phone calls to Lingo to cancel my account, but was never able to speak to a customer service rep. Instead I heard a voice message telling me that Lingo's voicemail box was full before my call was dropped.

At the end of May, I sent an e-mail to Lingo requesting that my account be canceled. This message was returned undeliverable. I got through in September to cancel and requested a credit for the months I had been charged since switching to Comcast. I was refused. I contacted American Express to file a dispute on the charges and was informed by my customer service rep that she had initiated the dispute and charged back $55.33 to Lingo for two of the service months in question. Within 24 hours Lingo sent me a "Final Notice Prior to Placement with a Collection Service".

My attempts to resolve this issue with Lingo have been refused. Customer service reps simply cite their policy that cancellations can be made only by phone. When I insisted I had made several attempts, I was informed that my claim was impossible since they have 24/7 customer support. I have requested my phone records from Comcast to support my claim. Even tonight I experienced the same voice message stating that the Lingo mailbox was full before my call was dropped.

Lingo has threatened to refer my case to collections if I don't pay within 10 business days. These charges are unfounded and I am resolved to fight to ensure my good credit rating and bring Lingo's business practices to light.

Bruce
Camas, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2008 12:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lingo-Inc/McClean-Virginia-22102/Lingo-Inc-Lingo-defrauds-customers-who-switch-carriers-by-making-it-impossible-for-them-377193. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lingo, Inc.