Complaint Review: Lingo Long Distance Service

• Submitted: Thu, January 19, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, January 19, 2012

• Reported By: Joy — Palm Desert California U.S.A.
Lingo Long Distance Service
PO Box 219, Fairfield, IA 52556 Fairfield, Iowa United States of America

Lingo Long Distance Service Primus CHARGED FOR PHONE LINE FOR 3 YEARS NEVER MADE AWARE OF. WHAT A RIP-OFF! Fairfield, Iowa

I just called Lingo - our long distance service, to inquire about cancelling the service.  While doing so they remarked on my second phone line.  "What 2nd Phone Line???"  Well, when I signed up, they assign a second phone line to you until your phone number get transferred over.  But guess what?  If you don't know to call and cancel that phone line (and they certainly didn't tell me), then you're charged for that line - $6.95/month.  Of course they could see there was never any use for that line - nor any reason to activate it.  But no one ever mentioned (in 2+ years) "Hey - did you know you're paying for something you don't need." I dont know exactly when I began service in 2009 - so lets just count all of 2010 and 2011 - That's $173.75 I've paid for no reason - and without knowing it.  So I'd say that's a rip-off.  I'm pretty upset with this. Besides that I have never been able to use my fax machine(s) (I've tried out 3) on the line - and we've gone through the options with their techs' several times - and more - but no dice. So for those reasons I'm not a very happy Lingo customer.  Thought you should know.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2012 04:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lingo-Long-Distance-Service/Fairfield-Iowa-52556/Lingo-Long-Distance-Service-Primus-CHARGED-FOR-PHONE-LINE-FOR-3-YEARS-NEVER-MADE-AWARE-OF-825416. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lingo Long Distance Service