Complaint Review: Lingo Telephone Company

• Reported By:new milford New Jersey
Lingo Telephone Company
Internet U.S.A.

Lingo Telephone Company Lingo refuse to cancel your account Internet

I switched from Lingo to another VOIP company in October. The new company contacted Lingo and changed my telephone number over from them so that I could keep it. They also informed Lingo that I was switching carriers. I called the company and spoke to a rep by telephone after noting that they had charged for the next month to my debit card. The woman insisted that I had not notified them in time and that she would not refund nor pro rate for the month. I had never used the telephone service during the past 6 weeks. Today (1/30/09) I received two emails from Lingo notifying me that they have just updated my credit card details and will be backdating what I owe them!!!! I called my bank who informed me that the only way to stop payment was to cancel my debit card. I did as suggested and emailed them back that I did not owe any money and they should check their records to see I had canceled that account back in early November. Ridiculous - how can they still have my credit card details on file when I cancelled the account almost three months ago. I was a customer of theirs for almost three years!! This company is a rip off - consumer beware!

Mel
new milford, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2009 06:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lingo-Telephone-Company/internet/Lingo-Telephone-Company-Lingo-refuse-to-cancel-your-account-Internet-418343. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lingo Telephone Company