Complaint Review: Lingo.com

• Submitted: Wed, September 10, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, September 10, 2008

• Reported By:Torrance California
7901 Jones Branch Drive, 9th Floor , McLean, Virginia U.S.A.

Lingo.com Lingo won't cancel, and even when they say they do they will continue to charge you McLean Virginia

Lingo.com is a total rip-off. I signed up with lingo because my earlier SunRocket account stopped working. I paid them the full annual amount and the account was set to expire on July 18, 2008. Before it, I called the lingo customer care like 3-4 times (On July 11th, July 14, July 18th) to cancel my account and still they did not. This company does not give you any cancellation confirmation number and the customer support personnel do not give any such information.

After 3 times verbal confirmation(s) when things did not look that promising, I thought of sending a written instruction to them via email on July 23rd, 2008. In the email I did point out that I After 2 days I got an email confirmation confirming that my account is cancelled and the email had some REF number with it. Looking at the earlier company process, I had already called my Credit card company and reported my card lost so that this number would not be used by Lingo to charge me again.

Having done all this, this company still tried to charge my credit card on July 28th which I ignored. Now they have sent me Domestic Collection notice. I am not sure if they have cancelled my account as yet!!

Be aware, do not give your credit card number to Lingo. If you did, inform your credit card provider to replace the card cause they will try to get money from you no matter what.

Torrance, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2008 09:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lingocom/McLean-Virginia-22102/Lingocom-Lingo-wont-cancel-and-even-when-they-say-they-do-they-will-continue-to-charge-371581. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lingo.com