Complaint Review: Link america

• Updated: Tue, April 02, 2013

• Reported By: allen — dugspur Virginia
Link america
Tulsa, Oklahoma United States of America

Link america ron covie wrongfully terminated/sorry equipment, couldn't never get hold of shift supervisor Tulsa, Oklahoma

As a west coast driver I thought I had found a job that I could be home daily. First week I could see it was going to be a challenge to get a response from the shift supervisor, also the equipment on the tail gates would stay in disrepair. We would stay at the garage trying to keep the tale gate fix so they wouldn't fly open going up and down 81 to endanger peoples lives. I had 2 repairs in 2 weeks. I ask if something else could been done to make sure the tale gates could be made safer, I was terminated. I asked why and was told that safety  in Tulsa Ok. said to get rid of me. We were to delivery at landfills that had large pot holes and no lights which was a danger to employees. The Pulaski Plant supervisor said he had called me in and talked to me which wasn't true. I only asked if something could be done to ensure safety. I don't want some one's blood on my hands because of defaulted equipment. Upon when Linkamerica  merged with Arnold, I thought maybe things would be better but upon applying I was told that they wouldn't even consider me until 1 years has passed. I would love to drive locally and be home daily because my wife is disable and I need to stay close as possible. I contacted a lawyer about this and was told in the state of Virginia a person can be fired without a reason, this seems so unreasonable. I worked hard, didn't miss days and went in on my days off,but apparently this isn't important anymore.So don't rock the boat and don't care if you kill someone on 81 and you will have it made with this company. but now it seems impossible to find a job because of a bad reference. I wish things like this could go to court. Isn't there something somewhere that can be done.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2013 06:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Link-america/Tulsa-Oklahoma-74129/Link-america-ron-covie-wrongfully-terminatedsorry-equipment-couldnt-never-get-hold-of-s-1040151. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Link america