Complaint Review: LinkedIn Insider Secrets

• Submitted: Mon, April 30, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, April 30, 2012

• Reported By: Honest Professional — Coconut Creek Florida United States of America
LinkedIn Insider Secrets

LinkedIn Insider Secrets BeFoundJobs.com Sells LinkedIn Job Finding training programs that do not work on LinkedIn. Not affiliated with LinkedIn, Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Inaccurate Report of our Service

I was using LinkedIn Professional Networking Subscription service in an attempt to find a job. As soon as I signed up I was approached with a LinkedIn message from another LinkedIn member Greig Wells who told me about his LinkedIn "Free Seminar" to learn:

1. The three proven strategies to use on LinkedIn to Get Hired Fast,
2. LinkedIn's newest secret weapons SIGNAL and how you can get it now before your competition,
3. The Single Most Important thing you can do to overcome gaps in your employment using LinkedIN,
4. Stop collecting connections and get your phone ringing with interviews,

I signed up for what was suppose to be free webinar which suddenly turned in to a $500 cost for these so-called secrets. As it turned out everything in the training I paid for was incorrect advise for building LinkedIn Profiles and in fact were the worst thing you could do. For several reasons

1. The training tells you to put in your Title "Open to New Opportunities" This is the last thing you want to put in your title because as I learned employers do not hire people out of work particularly on LinkedIn. Recruiters told me that the last thing their corporate clients want to see is someone who lost their job. This is because they have no legal way of finding out "why" they lost their job.

2. The format that is taught in the training for the profile does not work to find your target audience because the LinkedIn search engine does not position your profile where it needs to be for your target audience (the employers most likely to hirer you) to find you.

3. The training tells you to put in for a "Job" that you are the "Founder" of your specific expertise in your local area. That you follow your industry trends. You attend networking meetings. This is not a job.  Anyone who reads your profile knows this and will skip over your profile to find someone who actually is working.

I soon learned from people in the Professional staffing industry that this is commonly known as a "filler" rather then say you are not working which is the truth Greig Wells advices you to make up this position that is not a paying job. I used this profile for several months and I did not get one person who wanted to speak with me about a job. The entire program was a complete rip off. I learned later that Greig has trained hundreds of unsuspecting people who join LinkedIn and are still out of work as well.

And when you try to get a refund which Greig's states he would do if you are not satisfied you get the run around and never get your money back.  I heard there were a few people who did get their money back because they called him early into their signing up. I was also told he did this so people would think he does this for everyone but he does not.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2012 01:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LinkedIn-Insider-Secrets/internet/LinkedIn-Insider-Secrets-BeFoundJobscom-Sells-LinkedIn-Job-Finding-training-programs-that-876142. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LinkedIn Insider Secrets

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Inaccurate Report of our Service

AUTHOR: Greig Wells - BeFoundJobs CEO - ()

I empathize with the frustrations of search efforts not turning into a job, however there are many inaccuracies in this report.

First I want to address our free training. This training is 100% free.  I provide over 2 hours of solid training on the points you listed. After this I do offer our services for those who do not wish to take the time to implement these techniques themselves. This service is voluntary and many have successfully implemented the techniques we teach without purchasing our Done-for-You service.

As to the incorrect advise you claimed to have received, from the beginning I've always made clear that the techniques we use are based on what we've seen work for ourselves and our clients. Any advice you receive from anyone on LinkedIn is just that advice. There are no hard and fast rules and right and wrong concerning how to be found on LinkedIn as LinkedIn doesn't reveal it's exact algorithm and each recruiter is likely to tell you a different variation of what gets their attention.

This is why we actually bring in various LinkedIn experts from time to time to offer trainings to our clients to present various points of views. This is also why we teach you how to track your statistics so that you will know how any changes made effect your profile.

Our training also does not promote that you make up a fake job. We instead utilize the experience section to make sure that you get the keyword advantage of the most important place in your profile as well as showcasing that you aren't just sitting around hoping a job drops into your lap. Companies like to see that their employees are active in their fields outside of their job and this is a great way to showcase your expertise in your field, especially if you are unemployed.

We have actually trained thousands of people and have seen a lot of success with our clients getting jobs. However, I always make it clear from the beginning that we never guarantee that our clients will get a job. And a refund will not be granted for that reason, after full advantage was taken of our service, as there are too many other factors outside of our control. We do not write your profile or make you a desirable candidate, we merely work to get you found, after that it is up to you to make sure you are qualified and are active on your own behalf.

I am sincerely trying to help people.  You can read hundreds of reviews from satisfied customers at http://blog.befoundjobs.com

I welcome and encourage all feedback and communication.

Respectfully,