Complaint Review: Links Financial Incorporated

• Phone: 1-877-213-7807
  • Web:
  • Category: Lottery

Links Financial Incorporated Lottery Scam Los Angeles California

Received a letter from LINKS FINANCIAL INCORPORATED along with a very real looking check in the amount of $4250.00. The letter stated, "We are pleased to bring this official notice which confirms you as one of the 2nd prize winner in the second category of the EUROPEAN, AFRICAN and USA Consumer sweepstake, in conjunction with USA Departmental Stores. It went on to say Link Financial Inc was assigned to inform and direct winners, etc. It stated the $4250 check was to cover the processing fee of $3850 that I would be charged to claim my $250,000 prize. It told me not to cash the check until I contacted Mary Green. The letter was signed by a David Morgan. I assume this is a scam because I know I didn't enter any lottery. The really odd thing is the check appears to have been issued by a (legitimate) drywall and plaster restoration company in NYC (which I won't list.) Why would a restoration company have a lottery? I plan on giving them a call and/or mailing this document to them. My guess is that they want people to deposit the check and, when it bounces, they will have your bank account information stamped on the back that they will use to drain your account. (Just a guess.)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2013 04:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Links-Financial-Incorporated/Los-Angeles-California-90014/Links-Financial-Incorporated-Lottery-Scam-Los-Angeles-California-1094404. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Links Financial Incorporated