Complaint Review: Linktech

• Updated: Fri, February 17, 2012

• Reported By: Janet — Montgomery Texas United States of America
14791 SW Milikan Way Beaverton, Oregon United States of America

Linktech Don't Get Suckered in by Linktech AKA RipOffTech Beaverton, Oregon

I was suckered in to give Linktech a try.  An energetic sales person with the promise that they could give my website a top five placement when someone searched for a catch phrase for a low cost monthly fee sold me.  Oddly enough, I bought not one but two search phrases for $158.00/month, automatically charged to my credit card.  How handy is that?

After using their services for 5 months with no noticeable change or leads coming from their "placement", I decided to cancel.  I've tried to cancel their services for 2 entire days now with no results.

When I called in on day one, an automated answering service gave me 2 selections - I chose to speak with an account representative.  After holding for about 5 minutes, a live person came on the line, asked me a few questions and then said that I would have to speak with an account manager and that he would transfer my call.  I was put on hold again for 25 minutes during which time a voice would come on the line telling me the approximate wait time remaining.  We finally got down to "your call is now being transferred", another several minute wait, only to be disconnected.

I called again later on day one.  Same routine.  This time however, someone actually got on the line during the 15 minutes while I was waiting to speak with an account manager.  She told me that they were experiencing a higher than usual call volume & asked for my name & number to call me back after they close at the end of their business day - 4pm.

I did receive a phone call that was immediately disconnected.  I tried calling back only to hear that their offices were closed for the day.

On day two, same thing.  Long wait, only to be asked my name and number so they could return the call at the end of the day because they were still experiencing higher than usual call volume.  They did call later that evening.  I was placed on hold again.  During the wait time, a female voice would break in, sounding sympathetic to the extended wait time, encouraging me to remain on the line and that I would be connected shortly.  I now believe she was trying to see if I was still holding.  After another few minutes, and a few clicks, I was finally connected, only to be immediately disconnected.

I now recognize a pattern so, I've called my credit card company and have been issued a new credit card number.  When they try to charge my credit card next month - sorry!!!

It really should NOT be this difficult to cancel services and if it is, that indicates a big red flag!

I am going to file a complaint with the Oregon State Attorney's Office as well as with my Texas State Attorney's Office.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2012 08:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Linktech/Beaverton-Oregon-97006/Linktech-Dont-Get-Suckered-in-by-Linktech-AKA-RipOffTech-Beaverton-Oregon-840765. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Linktech